View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM isn't quite the same?

cannablissss

Bluelight Crew
So, I've been an avid user of DXM for about three years now, it's one of my favorite overall drugs. I've gone as high as a low fourth plateau, never as little as a first plateau. I started off in the midst of a second.

I try not to use it often anymore. I would trip as much as four times a month, recently I get lucky to do it twice because I'm trying to restrain and keep my tolerance low.

Last night was my first trip in three weeks. I had 30 Robitussin cough gels, do 450mg of DXM. The last experience I had was only off of 300mg or so. What happened was an overwhelming body high, and I was not thinking in a normal concept. I thought about questions in depth and for the life of me I didn't have answers to anything. I had also smoked four or five blunts and a few bowl packs with a friend. I went in pitch darkness a few times to see if I had any CEVs. None. Eventually I just got sober, I was able to go out and drive six hours later. Perfectly fine.

I'm disappointed because I don't want to take even more gels each time. I heard to limit trips to one every two weeks, but once a week is decent. Is my tolerance just that high? I mean, third plateau trips are my comfort zone.

Any inquiries are appreciated :)

There's really a spiritual component to the trip to take into consideration. Consider trying to write out specific goals for your trip, a musical playlist, or special event.

The tolerance keeps going up, eventually the epic experiences no longer come, but the value of the trip is still there, your mind is just adapating to different questions.

Third plateau trips are great. Going higher really isn't necessary.

I tried once a week for a long time, years, tolerance still comes. You should really think more along the lines of a couple times a year or less for awhile.
Now this specific trip could of just been some weird set and setting or some such things, sometimes doses just don't hit like they should. However, you'll get more and more of those as time goes on, going like you're going. Might want to take a month off and find a new disso to explore for awhile. That's one way of bringing some magic back for a little while.
I like lower 3rd myself, with MXE I always try to hole, but it can be a bit much with DXM, physically, and the afterglow is dirty and spacey