View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm is more than a psychedelic,

D

Dextr0methorphan44

Ive tried to tell people this story & im not sure it hits them they way it should, here I know there are many who've experienced odd phenomena while tripping on dex so I've decided after a long time this is a good place to leave this story.

On 3/12/16, I overdosed in technical terms. I took an excessive amount of medicine with the ingredient dextromethorphan (dxm) in it because it makes the user trip. The day after, I was driving out in the middle of literal nowhere with my family and we saw a sign with my name on it. When we pulled over to take a picture we realized my day of birth was on the mailbox along with my name. The number 434 was on another mailbox, however I had no meaning for that number or any number at that time. I realized later on when I looked more into things that 4+3+4 is 11 and my birthday is 11/17. I then noticed that the street was a dead end street. It scared me because less than just 24 hours before I technically had overdosed & it was a "sign", pun intended.

The day after I saw the sign was a Monday, 3/14/16 and I went over this girl Brittany's house. I repetitively got dejavu while in her house, and I felt very secure and at home with her. While at her house I kept saying that 3 minutes felt like 15, and while I was tripping I was saying that 3 hours felt like 15, I unintentionally used the same ratio and I realized it was the same when I said it at Brittany's house, which made me think of 3:15 as a ratio for time.

I went home at around 9 that night and went to sleep. I woke up in the middle of the night with excruciating pain in my chest, sobbing and screaming into my pillow. Basically I was a giant wreck lol. I was worked up and couldn't go back to sleep so I thought I could use the time to do my science homework I was yet to start. I thought the precision of and recording everything I did would be significant and so for that reason, when I wrote the date I also wrote the time on my paper. When I checked my phone, the date was 3/15 and the time was 3:15am. Being already worked up, I broke down again and began writing nonsensical things all over my homework. One of the things I wrote was l=3:15. I went back to sleep sometime after that and when I woke up a few hours later, now daytime, I wanted to look up the equation to see if anyone ever thought the same thing as me. When I did this, I found a bible verse starting with "for you have died...", NOT ONLY THIS, but when I scrolled down to the bottom of the page to see all of the numbers in the verse, 434 was on the same line as l. 3:15; the other number in the sign photo.

The next day I went to school and in my history class my teacher said "all roads lead to Rome" and I thought it was interesting for some unapparent reason. I later found out that the area code for Rome NY is 315. I also began to find meaning in everything I saw. Obviously pretty shook from what had been happening over the past few days, I started telling my friends about it. Hardly anyone took me seriously and many people thought I was high or something. Word must have gotten around and I was called down to guidance during fourth period. Being the dumbass I occasionally am, I proceeded to tell the school guidance counselor what happened the day before. She pretended to believe me and in conversation she casually asked to check my heart rate (to see if I was high probably). I have a high heart rate naturally, and I just finished telling her about all of the "coincidences" and so I was worked up; which made my heart beat even faster. I was accused of overdosing at school??????? And therefore sent to the hospital.

In the back of the ambulance I told the guy who sits in the back about it. He started telling me about how, religiously speaking, everything ever written in religious documents and books happened somewhere and sometime. That no one could have made up and elaborate story like that. I asked him if he believes that there are different dimensions in our universe and he went on to say he KNOWS they exist, that it's almost impossible that they don't, and that the only reason it isn't widely accepted or even just common theory because "everyone's eyes are closed to seeing it", those exact words.

When we got to the hospital I remember very clearly when my mom, a doctor, and the man who was in the ambulance with me were all talking; I was standing by my mom. The man from the ambulance looks at me right in the eyes and says "L 3:15, the video is 3:15." And to this day, I have yet to find out what he meant by that. However, when he said this, this feeling came over me it was the exact feeling you get when you're dreaming and suddenly you realize it's a dream and that you have complete control over everything/ can do whatever you want. I had him repeat himself and the same feeling occurred, each time only for a split second (like in dreams).

While in my cubicle, a woman came in and talked with me. She, along with almost everyone else there told me to "take things one step at a time" and it was very comforting and I lived my life this way for a while after the hospital visit. She talked to me about movies and which I liked. She told me she really liked the movie interstellar, which was one of my favorites. This will be relevant later on.

When I was in my hospital bed waiting to leave, I noticed everyone who assisted me (that I knew their names) had biblical names. There was Theresa and David (sorry if I told anyone Michael I found out it's David oops). Just recently I began to look into these names after a pause in finding things out, and when I came across mother Theresa quotes, one of them was "life is a dream, realize it." I didn't see this at the time, and I'm used to the creepiness of how everything is so "coincidental" that it doesn't really scare me anymore. Currently I believe that life is a dream that you can become lucid in and gain control of, that's just my belief though.

I was suspended for a month from school and so when I got back home, I searched up "movies you have to watch twice" on YouTube because I like the major plot twists at the end of movies. One of them was called Vanilla Sky, which is now my absolute favorite movie. It caught my attention when I watched the trailer; the phrase "abre los ojos" and "open your eyes" was repeated a few times. Without connecting the dots between the feeling of becoming lucid and the "open your eyes", I decided to watch the movie. I never thought much of the connection until long after seeing the movie.

I looked into my name, I was named after the angel Gabriel who's the messenger of god. I looked up verses and while searching I found a verse saying "after the sixty two 'sevens', the anointed one will be put to death and have nothing. The people of the ruler who will come will destroy the city and the sanctuary. The end will come like a flood: war will continue until the end, and desolations have been decreed." 62 sevens means 62 weeks, which was 434 days (the number on the mail box in the dead end sign photo with my name). Other translations say the anointed one will be put to death BY flood. The number 17 in the dead end photo has a significance relating to a flood in the Bible as well. The flood began a 17, as in 17,000 feet (a tsunami.) I also said back in march when Bernie sanders was still in the running that trump would be president and that evil would arise during his presidency. This was before I saw the Bible verse, I drew this idea from another quote from the the king James Bible saying "Behold, I shew you a mystery; we shall not all sleep, but we shall be changed. In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed."

The next movie I watched was interstellar, one of my old time favorites because even before this experience I admired space and wondered what it really was. When I watched it I had more appreciation for it and the most memorable line from the movie was "I am your ghost".

During my suspension I listened to a lot of music and found meaning in like everything. One of the songs I listened to was angels by the xx and I noticed the album name was "pay close attention" and I thought it was ironic and I thought the meaning was just literally to pay close attention but later on, I searched it into google images and found a photo saying "you've been on a coma for 20 years, were trying a new technique & please wake up", I saw that photo after the majority of the things that happened to me which why it hit me worse than it would just an average person.

Also during, my dad came to visit from Florida (at the time I lived in New York) we went to the movies to see the batman vs superman movie. While I was getting ready to go, I had "By The Way" by the red hot chili peppers playing in the background without really listening to it. When I heard the line "by the way I tried to say I know you from before", I immediately thought of Brittany because of the dejavu and odd things that happened at her house. I rewinded the song to hear the line again to be sure I heard it correctly (because I never noticed it before) and when I stopped the song right after the line, it was paused at 3:15 in the song.

In the movie there's a scene where a man is shifting through envelopes. On the first one, in bolded capital letters it says "open your eyes" (like in the movie vanilla sky) and on the one right underneath it shown seconds later said also in bolded capital letters, "I am your ghost". I went home after the movie and went onto an illegal movie website to show my friend what I saw. I recorded it off the website and when I rewatched the video I took I realized I unintentionally started the video with a man saying "tell them to wake up".

I returned to school and saw meaning in a lot of things that I honestly can't remember clearly as I write this.

However, because I lived in pinebush NY which is widely known as the alien capital due to frequent UFO sightings in the area, there was a UFO/alien fest. I went with a group of friends and walked around and met a few really cool people. While walking around there was an alien figurine alike to one you'd buy at the dollar store on the ground. I picked it up and named it calsutmoran after the dxm being two separate and completely unrelated people have claimed to talk to. People who've also experimented with dxm say "helpful aliens" guide humans to higher consciousness but are limited to do so through coincidence. Anyway, I later showed my friend the alien and she laughed because it had a butt on the back of it. Suddenly she stopped laughing and pointed to the numbers ingraved on the back of the alien, they read 3315 which was what the Bible verse was.

That's a pretty intense story!

Try looking up some speeches on youtube about synchronicity, I think you'll enjoy it.
My favorite speaker is Terrence Mckenna

Hyperdimensional matrix and such, interesting stuff. Keep an open mind, but as the nurse said, take it one step at a time. Don't go blowing your lid off.

Magical thinking is a fairly common result of taking pscyedelics. Once you have a number that is meaningful to you you will see it everywhere. Choose a random number and look for it for a few weeks and see how many times you spot it. Psychedelics are odd though and weird coincidences do happen a lot while on them that really stretch and make you question the concept of reality.

Have you heard of schizophrenia? Dxm gets metabolized to dxo which acts like PCP by blocking a receptor in your brain called nmda. This causes schizophrenic like thinking in some people. Maybe you might be interested in seeing patients with schizophrenia on YouTube you mind be able to relate and feel a compassion for them as they talk about seeing god and religious symbolism everywhere, and numbers circling adding seeing patterns, and feeling of being in a dream. I think it's a shame they suspended you for a month over drug use. Teenagers experiment and I think even experimenting kids need a education.

First I wouldn't call DXM a psych, it's a dissociative with some strongly psychedelic characteristics, but as far as I know it can't deliver a full psychedelic trip.

Your experience seems to have given so much food for thought and I'm sure some of the patterns and connections you noticed are true and some are not. The key, to me, is keeping a state of generalized agnosticism, notabout God alone but agnosticism about everything.