DXM in cough syrup....

Y2K

Bluelighter
i was just at some site and read about dxm being in cough syrups like vicks 44 and robitosin, i also seen some report of a guy who had a trip like experience after drinking 8 ounces of Robitosin. i thought that was pretty damn wierd.... any thought from someone else??? PLUR

DXM is the active ingredient in cough suryp. And the "urban ledgend" of people getting high on cough suryp is absolutely true. It's often called "robotripping" (robo as in robotussin DM)
I don't recomend you try it unless you do ALOT of research... robotripping can be very dangerous.
------------------
"we spend all day, sober...
just hiding from daylight.
Watching TV.
we just look alot better in the bluelight,
I know I gotta get out, but I'm stuck..."
-hangin' around, Counting Crows

It can also be a lot of fun. It is completely different from an acid trip, so don't let the name make you think that. It is cool. Just buy the kind without guafenesin in it. Its sort of like having an out of body experience. It tends to last a long time too, so don't have anything planned for the next day.

My friend and I once split an 8 ounce bottle. uck
But, it was very floaty and peaceful.

I like it! But yeah, check out a lycaeum FAQ or something, cuz if you take the wrong kind, it can be no good.

Yeah, that sounds like a first plateau experience, the one that most people enjoy. Believe me, don't go much higher. Once you hit the third plateau, it gets wierd. Imagine if you will, a flanger (for all you guitar buffs), but hooked up to your eyes. Visual echoes if you will. Sounds spooky (I still haven't tried it yet, the concept of dissociation is still too foreign to me). Be careful, and read up. That stuff can interact with way too many things, and are in solution often with some toxic shit.
Dave

Just curious if anyone else out there gets a mild high off of a regular dose or vicks 44 cuz if i gots a cold or something and i take it about an hour or two later i start feeling a little spaced out. Its not a *bad* feeling though but i think its a little weird. same thing happens with cold tylenol too.

I had a friend that drank some robatussin,Im not sure how much, but he ended up in the hospital having his stomach pumped. So be careful, that shit can be dangerous.

Definatly read all of the FAQa. I have a couple of friends that are pros at robotripping, and lemme tell ya, they do thier fucking homework. You have to be really concious of the contents. If it has guafenesin it will make you puke. And if it has Acetominophen(tylenol) in it.. well.. such large amounts of acetominophen are fatal. Thats prolly why HIrollers friend had to go to the hospital.
I tried it myself.. but barfed before it really took effect.. then I just came down
frown.gif
. bummer
------------------
a pH phenomenonAcidBurn

ROBO TRIPPING!!!
That's what us crack heads call it...drink ya some robotussin maximum strength and trip balls...don't mix with mdma though!! Try it, you may like it!!!!!
------------------
~~~Queen G~~~

i snorted some ridilen or how ever you spell it the past two days, way to much, should i wait a few days before i try to robotrip,or is it ok, PLUR...

There is an excellent FAQ on DXM by William White up on the 'Net. It's long and very comprehensive.
You know, I'm toying with the idea of DXM extraction--in the FAQ, it looks ridiculously easy.
Anyways, if I were going to do something like this, I'd go with the pills rather than the liquid. Sure, it isn't as much, and it takes longer for its effects to come on, but that's preferable to slamming a bottle of viscous,
disgusting kool-aid wannabe.