View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM + Hydrocodone/The third plateau

thewayjoshis

Bluelighter
Is it safe to mix DXM and hydrocodone? I plan on going to the third plateau on DXM for the first time and I heard from some people that it can be scary. If someone were to take some hydrocodone right after they hit the first plateau so it will kick in at the same time as the third plateau, would it make the experience a lot more enjoyable? Would it be dangerous?

Titrate your doses up from a low point and add more as you feel comfortable. maybe first start with 7.5mg hydrocodone and 175mg DXM and work on up.

Also high dose DXM trips can be really intense, if you feel you aren't ready there's no need to push yourself. Your time will come friend :)

Nah dude, DXM and opiates is generally not a good combination for a lot of reasons. Respiratory depression, itching and nausea and the spins and all around badfeels. If you don't feel ready for the third plat yet you should work your way up slowly.

If you're insistent on taking this combo, I would take a LOW dose of DXM (like 100-200mg) and then a small dose of hydrocodone. I bet that would feel pretty nice, I'm sure they'd potentiate each other's effects a bit. I'd also recommend throwing in 25-50mg Benadryl to combat the nausea. Weed helps with the nausea too, if you're into that.

hey people, as an very avid fan of DXM i can tell you firsthand that a lot of different combinations are very enjoyable with dextromethorphan (DXM) But unlike most drugs, DXM actually seems to counteract the second drugs affect. For example, hydrocodone is a fairly mild pain killer which taken on its own works well. but i have mixed it at about a 400mg DXM and 30 mg hydrocodone and the DXM is definantly overpowering. I personally find stimulants seem to have a more profound effect as far as mixing things with a DXM trip. Other things that really seem to intensify and i recomend are THC and Nicotine.

Yea, I actually found smoking cig on DXM to be quite enjoyable as well ��