• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm Hbr - Side effects of 900mg seem a bit pronounced?

General_CokeSmoker

Greenlighter
Hello all,

I was wondering if someone could enlighten me as to why one might experience the negative side effects(mostly all physical, profuse sweating, slight vomiting, possible slight elevated body temp.) on a dose of 900mg? I am aware this is not a *small* dose, but in retrospect to the dosing range for the 4th plateau (800-1800mg), it is on the small end of the scale.
I weigh around 180lbs, give or take, and am relatively experienced with dxm. I have taken 900-1800mg doses before, but most of these were on Dxm Polisterix, which as you know is a different creature than Hbr, but did not experience anything close to these physical symptoms. I am curious if anyone could offer any thoughts, as I would like to visit the 4th plateau again.

On a side note, I have had varied experiences on 900mg doses of dxm Hbr, the first time being a classic 4th plateau experience(grey\yellow "fog'd over" vision, everything being incredibly distorted and cartoonish, etc.), second time being uneventful and feeling like a dull 3rd plateau experience, and the third time being a slight psychotic episode, consisting of full blown confusion and panic+blacking out, along with a period of INTENSE and provocative voices rising out from the room around me, among other delusions.

Anyone have any thoughts?

No matter what substance you take it's the same, the higher the dose, the more likely it is you'll experience the bad side effects. Tolerance and frequency of use also play a part in this.

It's no mystery.

it doesn't matter what you say 900 mg is not a small dose of dxm. how would you not expect to have side effects from taking such a massive dose?

he said he had side effects but they were only physical. maybe you have a tolorance built up? also polystyrex takes abit more than hbr and takes longer to kick in and lasts longer

i suggest doing an a/b extraction with Robitussin next time. or if you feel that your body is starting to reject the chemical instead of give you a high i suggest stopping.

he said he had side effects but they were only physical. maybe you have a tolorance built up? also polystyrex takes abit more than hbr and takes longer to kick in and lasts longer

i suggest doing an a/b extraction with Robitussin next time. or if you feel that your body is starting to reject the chemical instead of give you a high i suggest stopping.
It is quite possible it could be a tolerance issue, and I am aware of the properties of polisterix. My body doesn't seem to reject Hbr nearly as much as Polisterix, 600mg of Hbr is never a problem on my body, aside from raised heart-rate during the trip, but thats to be almost always expected anyway. Ill look up the extraction.

it doesn't matter what you say 900 mg is not a small dose of dxm. how would you not expect to have side effects from taking such a massive dose?

I stated I was aware its by no means a small dose. I was asking why I can take 1800mg of Dxm Polisterix(which by the rule of thumb from what I read around, is comparable to a 900mg Hbr dose, in terms of its time-releasing properties) and experience little physical side effects pronounced during the trip, however when 900mg of Hbr is taken the side effects were much greater, considering Ive read that Hbr is easier on the body than Polisterix, which I do not doubt considering my history with both forms of the drug, this just seems to contradict that though.