• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM - First time.

fermonos

Bluelighter
About to take my first ever psychedelic, which is DXM.

I'm taking a very small dose of 100mg as I'm very nervous, which is why I'm posting this thread because I'll feel much better letting you lot know what I'm about to do.

I really wish I wasn't so much of a pussy and could do 200mg+ for my first time but I have around 240mg left so maybe in 2 weeks I'll up my dose depending on how this trip goes. I'll try update how it goes later.

Wish me luck!

I spend like a quarter decade on 240-480 mg per day be careful it is oddly habit forming for me

DXM isn't really that much of a hallucinogen at 100 mg so you have a very low chance of having a bad trip. It's probably a good idea to start at 100 mg though so you have a good idea of what it feels like before getting into real hallucinogenic doses. Just btw, you probably already know this but make sure it's only DXM. Most brands contain other drugs as well, which don't contribute to the high and can be very dangerous. Good luck with your trip :)

I feel like Dextromethorphan is kind of a poor choice in terms of a psychedelic experience. To each his own and everything, but DXM was always categorized as a "fucks you up" kind of experience as opposed to a potentially mind-expanding experience. I'm not getting down on you at all Fermonos, I just don't want you to think that DXM is all that there is to offer.

Also, you're smart to start off with a small dose. A larger than small portion of the population seems to be especially sensitive to the effects of this drug. You're not on any Serotonergic medications or anything like that are you?

Yes like others said, definitely smart starting off small. But just no that you won't get any psychedelic properties at this dosage. And honestly I wouldn't consider this a psychedelic, more of a dissociative. But at the dose you're taking, it'll just make you feel drunk/high and uplifted. Enjoy and be safe!

Yes like others said, definitely smart starting off small. But just no that you won't get any psychedelic properties at this dosage. And honestly I wouldn't consider this a psychedelic, more of a dissociative. But at the dose you're taking, it'll just make you feel drunk/high and uplifted. Enjoy and be safe!

Yes well said. DXM is a dissociative anesthetic but at high doses can create powerful psychedelic effect. I remember I drank two bottles of robo once and I experienced second or third level of CEV for 40 minutes.

Last edited:
I'm also venturing into DXM land again. I have some 30mg tablets and will take maybe 10 and see where it takes me this time. I've taken it a few times and have generally found it to be fun and enlightening. It's a good starting point if you are beginning with tripping, in my opinion.

Id caution calling it enlightening. I took it to get fucked up because i had severe depression and when i took it the repetitive hopeless thoughts stops and i felt different. And different can be very addicting when you dont feel good where you currently are.

Well I have done MDMA on several occasions but I never count MDMA as a psyche haha.

Okay so I done 100ML today, about 5 hrs ago which should be 150mg of DXM. Felt really sick after 1 hr ended up falling asleep not sure for how long.

Just woke up and I feel fucking crazyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy, moving my body feels so enjoyable and I don't even feel like I'm alive/awake it's hard to describe it kind of feels like I'm watching myself from above. No visuals though apart from static in a dark room :(