• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Misc DXM final one, I promise xD

MrBaconHawk

Bluelighter
Okay, I've been asking a lot about DXM lately. Just have a basic safety question.

I'm 6'0", 250 lbs, fairly heavy set and I've got a good tolerance. I ate food before all this, probably not a good idea cause I ended up killing any effects from my dose last night. 27 hours ago I took around 45 pills of 15mg DXM. At this point I don't have much other than a very slight afterglow of some very slight high pitchedness (not sure if that's the right way to put it) or almost sharp shrillness in my ears from most sounds, some slight dizziness.

Can I dose 30+ pills again right now? I ate again... I know, not smart. I took 450mg Lyrica 5 hours ago, which may help counteract the fact that I've got a full stomach of Taco Bell, but how much can I eat safely of DXM, I want to get 2nd or 3rd plateau if possible

Ah, big question.

My wife is about 120lbs I think. If she takes 15-20 caps of 15mg DXM pills, does it interfere with breastfeeding? I read that it doesn't effect it but in greater quantities I don't know. If she tried it, would she stop for a day or so? Lemme know

45x15=675mg. 675 mg is not an insignificant dose. Low 3rd plateau for me. 30x15=450mg, mid 2nd plateau for me. Adding another 450mg puts you at 1125mg or 1.125g of DXM in roughly 27 hours.

Do you have any underlying health problems, mental or medical? Is Lyrica the only other substance you've had that could be present at pharmacologically significant quantities?

That's at the high end of what I've ever taken as a single dose. I'm 6' and 167lbs and fairly fit, with a significant tolerance at the time I took doses that high. Tolerance to high doses develops quickly for me, but not so much in others. I would recommend against redosing so quickly, but I doubt, as long as Lyrica is all that is in your system besides DXM, that you will be in any physical danger, but if you have any health issues, that might not be the case...

Ah, big question.

My wife is about 120lbs I think. If she takes 15-20 caps of 15mg DXM pills, does it interfere with breastfeeding? I read that it doesn't effect it but in greater quantities I don't know. If she tried it, would she stop for a day or so? Lemme know

Dxm is class C for use in pregnancy or while breast feeding IIRC, meaning harm to the fetus or breastfeeding child cannot be ruled out. Maybe consider formula for a few days and skipping the breast feeding if she goes for it. The half life is highly variable, between roughly 2 and 24 hours depending upon how effectively one metabolizes DXM, so not breastfeeding for days seems only prudent. The baby's best interests must be paramount.

Sorry for the double post, I can't get the multi-quote thing to work on the burner phone I use to cruise BL lol

Correct, and while breastfeeding a regular therapeutic dose vs a large recreational dose are two very different things so while it may seem ok to take a regular dose while breast feeding the same might not be said of recreational doses. I'd recommend pumping enough milk ahead of time or whatever you can do so that the baby doesn't drink the milk while the dxm and metabolites are in the moms body.

Also, Taking a recreational dose of DXM out of the blue feels quite a bit different then taking a second recreational dose of dxm after already taking a recreational dose earlier that day. Something about the metabolism changes when the enzymes are already tied up with first dose.

45x15=675mg. 675 mg is not an insignificant dose. Low 3rd plateau for me. 30x15=450mg, mid 2nd plateau for me. Adding another 450mg puts you at 1125mg or 1.125g of DXM in roughly 27 hours.

Do you have any underlying health problems, mental or medical? Is Lyrica the only other substance you've had that could be present at pharmacologically significant quantities?

That's at the high end of what I've ever taken as a single dose. I'm 6' and 167lbs and fairly fit, with a significant tolerance at the time I took doses that high. Tolerance to high doses develops quickly for me, but not so much in others. I would recommend against redosing so quickly, but I doubt, as long as Lyrica is all that is in your system besides DXM, that you will be in any physical danger, but if you have any health issues, that might not be the case...
Okay, I'll consider redoing at 30 pills, add another 15 after 2-3 hours if it's not cutting it.

I have a lot of back pain, sciatica and such, hence the high doses of Lyrica. I also have a very fast metabolism so everything I take seems a bit high but... Trust me, I'm typically at 50% above a high recreational dose to get much of any effect. Just making sure I'm also being safe while I'm at it.

Next time I'll keep stomach empty, pre-dose with grapefruit juice to get things going properly and reduce my overall dosage. Thanks for the feedback

Okay, I've been asking a lot about DXM lately. Just have a basic safety question.

I'm 6'0", 250 lbs, fairly heavy set and I've got a good tolerance. I ate food before all this, probably not a good idea cause I ended up killing any effects from my dose last night. 27 hours ago I took around 45 pills of 15mg DXM. At this point I don't have much other than a very slight afterglow of some very slight high pitchedness (not sure if that's the right way to put it) or almost sharp shrillness in my ears from most sounds, some slight dizziness.

Can I dose 30+ pills again right now? I ate again... I know, not smart. I took 450mg Lyrica 5 hours ago, which may help counteract the fact that I've got a full stomach of Taco Bell, but how much can I eat safely of DXM, I want to get 2nd or 3rd plateau if possible

In my experience, food does not make such a large impact that you would get no effects. I don’t know what would be causing the issue but if you keep taking more, it will eventually hit you. Of course you never know if the first dose will hit you hard thereafter, so it’s a risk.

Correct, and while breastfeeding a regular therapeutic dose vs a large recreational dose are two very different things so while it may seem ok to take a regular dose while breast feeding the same might not be said of recreational doses. I'd recommend pumping enough milk ahead of time or whatever you can do so that the baby doesn't drink the milk while the dxm and metabolites are in the moms body.

Also, Taking a recreational dose of DXM out of the blue feels quite a bit different then taking a second recreational dose of dxm after already taking a recreational dose earlier that day. Something about the metabolism changes when the enzymes are already tied up with first dose.

The dxm/dxo metabolism definitely can get saturated. You’ll hear high dose experiences taking a long time to fully set in often. And then redosing after a high dose can precipitate different effects, theoretically speedy and serotonergic effects.

Next time I'll keep stomach empty, pre-dose with grapefruit juice to get things going properly and reduce my overall dosage. Thanks for the feedback

Be careful with CYP2D6 inhibition and DXM, the experience is not always pleasant. I only tried it once with fresh squeezed white grapefruit juice and got sicker than I've ever gotten on even far higher doses of DXM without CYP inhibitors.