• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Help! DXM extraction didn't go to plan. Any Tips?

Hardcore Yogi

Greenlighter
DXM extraction didn’t go as planned. Any Tips?

Hey Fellow Dextronaughts,

I recently tried my first DXM extraction, using a bottle of Robitussin which contains Guaifenesin, alcohol, and artificial sweeteners. I’ll explain my process, and hopefully you can spot my potential errors.

I followed the popular method which uses ammonia and naphta. I could not source clear ammonia in my local area, there was only cloudly ammonia available, which has been advised against on other forums. Looking into replacement products, I chose white vinegar. I know that white vinegar can be a replacement when it comes to cleaning, though I wasn’t sure about this extraction. But I was already in town and wanted to take action. The other key ingredient I used was basic lighter fluid.

I poured 290ml of syrup and 290ml of water into a jar then shook it for several minutes. I then added about 1 fluid ounce of lighter fluid and began shaking. Surprise! A chemical reaction took place. The lid blew off the jar (due to air pressure or something), dispersing some (but not all) of the contents onto my bathroom floor.

I added a bit more lighter fluid, then swirled the jar for several minutes instead of shaking it, which successfully kept the contents in the jar.

I then poured the contents (now containing syrup, white vinegar, and lighter fluid) into a large zip lock bag, and hung it from a table so that one corner was facing the ground. I waited for the fluid to sperate into two layers, but alas it never did. It remains the same homogenous color and texture it always was. So I drank it. Just kidding! ;P

Can I please welcome any advice or observations around this, as I want to try again soon. Keep in mind I already have white vinegar and lighter fluid at my disposal, and struggled to find clear ammonia.

Thanks so much for any tips and advice! Have a good day 😊.

Welcome Hardccore Yogi. I have no answers but I don't like threads twisting in the wind. There is a whole big thread on DXM extraction that I am looking for now. Let me see if I can find the link, and if you want me to move it under there I can work on my mod abilities. :)

For now here are a few: