View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM + DPH combo - Good Idea?

WeedDxm

Bluelighter
First off, I'd like to mention that my first and only experience with DPH was VERY BAD. I did 600mg DPH. I kept seeing dark figures looking at me, hearing footsteps coming down the stairs, and at the end of the trip I saw a 8 foot tall, slightly pixellated, naked man standing at the entrance to my room. This scared the shit out of me.

I have 24 CCC pills (yes, I know they're bad for me) for a total of 720mg DXM. And I have done 24 CCC's two or three times before and have been fine. My first question is, would the CPM in the CCC's react badly to the DPH? And also, how much DPH should I ingest to boost my DXM trip? I would not like to do more then 200mg, as I want to avoid another bad trip. Does DPH make DXM trips more potent? If anyone has done a combo of these drugs, please leave a reply. Thanks!

You would do well to focus more on getting a DXM-only brand and to use the search engine on "DXM DPH", there is info to be found.
Don't do it at all though, until you can get a DXM-only brand. The chlorphenamine in coridicin (CCC) is broken down by the same enzymes as diphenhydramine so taking the DPH increases toxicity even more because you impair your body to break down the toxic levels of chlorphenamine.
That you have been 'fine' two or three times in the past doesn't mean you're not screwing up your body. Stop taking the CCC.

This is super-bad harm reduction, how hard can it be to get the right DXM product? Why should we help you make decisions regarding this combination if you're getting the wrong stuff?
What I will say about the combination is that you can probably expect to get very drowsy and dry cottonmouth and that you should learn from the bad experience with DPH that it is shitty and you shouldn't take it, let alone in a combo.

You would do well to focus more on getting a DXM-only brand and to use the search engine on "DXM DPH", there is info to be found.
Don't do it at all though, until you can get a DXM-only brand. The chlorphenamine in coridicin (CCC) is broken down by the same enzymes as diphenhydramine so taking the DPH increases toxicity even more because you impair your body to break down the toxic levels of chlorphenamine.
That you have been 'fine' two or three times in the past doesn't mean you're not screwing up your body. Stop taking the CCC.

This is super-bad harm reduction, how hard can it be to get the right DXM product? Why should we help you make decisions regarding this combination if you're getting the wrong stuff?
What I will say about the combination is that you can probably expect to get very drowsy and dry cottonmouth and that you should learn from the bad experience with DPH that it is shitty and you shouldn't take it, let alone in a combo.

I'm only using CCC's because I'm 17 years old and there's only one store in my city that will sell DXM products to me. And this store is currently out of Robitussin syrup. I will not use CCC's anymore once I turn 18, 3 months away ;]

Don't poison yourself, wait 3 months or less if they get the syrup again.

Come on, seriously. :\

Do not do this, do not do this, do not do this.

1. DPH and CPM are both anticholinergic, so the combination is redudant (and CPM has significant toxicity concerns).

2. While some find that DXM eases the unpleasant effects of anticholinergics, why would you want to add a drug you don't enjoy onto one you (presumably) enjoy in the first place?

3. Competitive inhibition of relevant enzymes between all three drugs.

4. DXM + CPM are both serotonin reuptake inhibitors and have been shown to cause serotonergic toxicity (I cited this in one of the big DXM threads) when taken in combination, adding in a third drug with SRI effects (DPH) is just asking for trouble.

5. If you can't wait three months, or however long it takes'em to restock syrup, to get high, you've got a problem.

Last edited:
Benadryl is a terrible high dude.. Mixing it with DXM is bad. It isn't hard to find cough syrup with only DXM.

You really should get hold of something with just Dextromethorphan Hydrobromide as the active ingredient, if your local store is out of syrup at the moment I wouldn't have thought it would take them long to restock. Robitussin is a popular brand so I'd expect them to have it back in stock pretty quickly.

I haven't tried Diphenhydramine yet personally but mixing dissociatives with deliriants isn't the best idea. I've read a few horror stories about such combinations.

I've taken 600mg dxm and either 50-100mg dph before. I'm good. but I think maybe cpm will boost the dxm like the dph does. I mean, I could be wrong but if it does then there's no need for dph. Search up on that idk. But currently there can be some serious damage done to your life. Physical, mental, everything bruh. Don't trouble the soul

Old thread but for those who don't know the DXM + DPH trip is one of the most visual trips there is. Literally everywhere you look things look different and there is potential for some of the most vivid and bizarre hallucinations imaginable. Highly recommended but for the experienced trippers only.