View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and seizures?

JadedTabs

Bluelighter
So I have "robotripped" before and the trip iis always pretty bizarre for me but I am okay with it. I want to know if DXM can link to seizures. Now before I ever even did DXM or anything anything in general (besides nicotine) I had an episode of seizures. I have had more seizures since and it is possible I have had them in my sleep. So anyways, I drank DXM once and weeks later had seizures, the hospital said DXM was still in my system (along with THC). But I am quick to rule out THC because I don't think it would be something to cause seizures. I have heard DXM can actually prevent seizures but I want to get some opions from you guys on all of this.

I have the cyp2d6 enzyme deficiency,3 years ago I tripped on 800mg of DXM + 2 grapefruits (to make the trip even more intense).
Had seizures,ended up clinically dead,defibrillated,had naloxone administered and remained high for several days.

After that experience I had seizures a few times on lower doses of DXM+weed and on synthetic weed.

Nowadays,after ending my dxm addiction(dxm clean for about 2 years),I no longer have seizures.
Advice: never combine synth weed with dxm,ended up in the hospital from this combination as well.It's not worth the risk.

Cannabis withdrawal could contribute to seizures as well. But Dissos cause seizures at the supra anesthetic doses, and can contribute to seizure kindling and development regarding long term high dose usage.

Short term DXM might increase the risk for seizures because of its SNRI activity.