• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and Pyrilamine

Juicewrldfan

Bluelighter
Okay, so I hesitated in making this post because I can’t believe I’m trying to test the high of DXM and especially because I know you’re only supposed to take DXM by itself if you do try to get high on it, but I couldn’t find much about pyrilamine online other than it’s an antihistamine.

I figured it would be somewhat safe in a low dosage. I weigh 225 lbs and I took 210 mg DXM and 210mg pyrilamine and drank a monster to try to combat the sedative effects.

This is in the form of the prescription
Capron DMT by the way. No, I didn’t but pure DXM and midol as an experiment lol.

Anyway, what actually happened is I took 120mg to try to hit what I read is 1st plateau. That’s all I’m interested in reaching. I waited two hours felt a little tired but that was it. So I took 90 more mg about ten minutes ago.

When I researched it it seemed that the warnings were for non drowsy antihistamines to not mix with DXM so I was thinking this should be safeish. Anyway, but just now I was looking at something else about DXM and happened to come across a warning to not mix with Benadryl which is a drowsy antihistamine so that made me second guess the safety of the pyrilamine.

Or is that just because Benadryl releases serotonin?? Doesn’t it? I can’t recall. But I know it can cause an increase in heart rate. Idk I never abused Benadryl before and don’t plan on it. The trips don’t sound fun and neither does high doses of DXM. I was just looking for the 1st plateau type effects.

Does anyone know if this should be ok?

Thanks ya’ll.

Okay. Well that experience was extremely underwhelming actually. I guess I know why this one is OTC. I just felt a little weird on it. Wasn’t anything recreational.

I had read from different sources that the first plateau is kind of like MDMA. It was nothing like mdma unless I actually didn’t take enough to hit the plateau but 210 mg should have got me there according to reports then again, perhaps not taking it all at once impacted it.

Yet, why wouldn’t there be an overlap with the second dose at some point. And of course I don’t know how the antihistamine may of impacted it.

Basically, I just felt really weird almost heavy but zero stimulation and zero euphoria. And ended up at the end of the night thinking well this was one of the worse ideas I’ve had. I should have known though.

I had read from different sources that the first plateau is kind of like MDMA. It was nothing like mdma unless I actually didn’t take enough to hit the plateau but 210 mg should have got me there according to reports then again, perhaps not taking it all at once impacted it.

Basically, I just felt really weird almost heavy but zero stimulation and zero euphoria. And ended up at the end of the night thinking well this was one of the worse ideas I’ve had. I should have known though.
DXM sometimes exhibits reverse tolerance, meaning that you need to take it several times in a row to really get the first plateau effects (specially 1st). It can go as far as 75mg being pretty intoxicating after a few days. But yeah DXM is also a hit or miss, like 150mg can do next to nothing but 210mg be already quite intoxicating.

1st plateau is really a lot like one would expect MDMA to be, it's stimulating, socially lubricating and euphoric. Music sounds great etc. but it's not so easy to hit the exactly right dosage. You can always take more if the experience remains underwhelming though.

Also no need for to combine with an antihistaminergic, the worst would be that you had to puke from DXM alone but it's more or less rare, never got any sickness from it. Also I think those ppl combining don't look for antihistaminergic (sedative) but for anticholinergic effects for increased hallucinations and this is a dangerous game to play. DXM alone has a well established safety profile which is lacking in combo. Also it's maybe one of if not the last really recreational substance which is still OTC.

Hey! Thanks for your reply.

Well, I just took a small dose of kratom so I don’t want to mix the two or perhaps maybe I’d give it one more shot. I read that kratom inhibits the enzyme that converts DXM to DXO and that DXO is the sought out after chemical primarily for stimulation/empathogen/MDMA type effects.

Yet I used to take opiates heavily. I was on suboxone maintenance for 5 years until a year ago and I also have done IV ketamine infusions for treatment resistant depression. I did my last treatment about a year ago because it just was not doing anything for me at all. Perhaps a slight relaxation while getting the treatment but that’s it. I’m fact the only time I really did trip was the first and second times. And it wasn’t a K-hole or anything like that. It was definitely a peak behind the curtains though and was very introspective. Loved it. Yet I was never able to achieve that again with doses as high as 120mg IV.

I have only tripped on my shrooms before and that only twice in my life. They were killer too. I wish I could get shrooms. The only reason I never did it more is because they were incredibly rare for me to find and my wife won’t let me grow them after I looked into it when I heard all these promising research for treatment resistant depression.

I am wondering if I am just a rapid metabolizer or that my opiate use, mdma(tho I haven’t had any in years), or propylhexidrine use has made it so that I am tolerant to DXM and maybe it just won’t work for me.

After reading your post about reverse tolerance I thought about taking some more to give it a fair chance but I’m hesitant because I’m not sure what this type of anhistamine does that’s in it. And my wife took all my debit and credit cards because she is trying to help me stay off another OTC drug that I totally spun out of control on to the point I had minor brain damage and temporarily lost my vision. Yeah propylhexidrine is addictive as hell for me even after my hospital scare.

So basically, I am stuck with either being sober or trying these Capron DMT pills that contain both DXM and pyrilamine. I wasn’t desiring to combine an antihistamine with it. It’s just all I had and the LD 50 is like something crazy 650mg/kg or something like that for pyrilamine. But of course I have no way of knowing how it would interact with DXM.

I did get nauseous last night but not too bad and I did get only one instance tho but some diarrhea. Also, idk if it was the DXM or if the site was just glitching throughout the night but I would see like words that I couldn’t read floating quickly up the screen. And one time I was typing in the forums and the text box turned completely black, and only the text box and I couldn’t see anything I was typing. It was weird but I wasn’t sure if it was the DXM because I took a plateau 1 dose I thought.

I don’t know that I really want to trip on it like 3rd or 4th plateau because it seems like the trips I read are all scary hallucinations like spiders crawling on you and shit. I enjoy ketamine trips tho.

Oh just a side note I read that this antihistamine is a very strong H1 antagonist, and has very strong effect on acetylcholine.

Well, my dumb ass went ahead and took 240mg this time of DXM/pyrilamine before after much digging I finally found an article that says pyrilamine is a potent selective 5HT agonist so maybe this Capron DMT that contains the pyrilamine and DXM isn’t safe at all in therapeutic doses.

I’ll probably be fine though because I took 210mg last night and was fine. The biggest difference though is that I took my doses yesterday for a total of 210 and very likely that the first dose was wearing off before the second dose kicked in.

So maybe that’s why it was underwhelming too but I suspect tolerance to opiates, ketamine, and drugs that release serotonin perhaps is coming into play.

If this doesn’t do anything I think I’m just going to dispose the rest of the pills.