• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and people not getting visuals/ its bad rep.

hh95

Bluelighter
I have been a lurker on the bluelight for sometime now and thought I would make a contribution, im also new to the whole forum thing so go easy :)

First some history...
About a year ago DXM was introduced to me by my older brother. I tried 600mg of pure powder straight up and well... It scared the hell out of me. Never tripped that hard in my life. I had orbs following me and I thought people were walking around my room trying too kill me. I tried it a second time but with half the dose and had a blast. I sortve compare a low dose of dxm similar to MDMA, with its sortve stimulant effect. After I moved from my brothers house and done some research I found that DXM was available as an OTC cough syrup. And since I had moved across the country the pure powder was no longer available. Its just meth, meth and more meth here and maybe some weed if your lucky. So I decided to give it a go again. This was about 10 months ago now and I have not looked back. In my eyes DXM does not deserve its "scummy" stigma at all. I prefer it over any other psychedelic out there. I like to think that I am pretty experienced with it by now and i never fail to get visuals from it. I think the problem of why people don't enjoy it or get visuals is because it is slightly debilitating and heavily intoxicating (particularly in high doses) and theyre setting is all wrong to achieve visuals. When i do dxm and im in the light about the most visuals i get are brighter colours but no distortion, however place yourself in complete or partial darkness and maybe play a little music (I prefer club music) and the visuals are incredible. like no other. not to mention the the introspection you literally see your brain working in a sense and i also get this effect where it feels like my eyes are 10 metres deep into my head. Like im physically there and can (sortve) interact but there is a whole nother dimension to my brain that wasn't there before. I generally spend a whole dxm trip on my bed under the blankets listening to music. Some say this is boring but giving the thought processes mixed with the visuals it is actually more fun then going out on some good LSD and tripping balls in my eyes. I guess my point here is why do you guys classify DXM as a low underated drug that only young teens do to get high when in my eyes atleast it is a very interesting substance to say the least? What is with its bad stigma?

This is all subjective, just because you find DXM enjoyable and visual doesn't mean others will share a similar experience. I personally don't ever get visuals with DXM with open or closed eyes despite the setting which ironically usually takes place in a pitch black room (like most of my trips), though I've taken it in many other random settings. I personally don't like dissociatives in general so my opinion on the matter is a bit biased but what I can say is DXM is by far the worst dissociative I've ever tried, and I've done quite a bit.

In high school there was a period where I found it somewhat enjoyable and good enough to take when there was no other drugs around but eventually it just turned disgusting. Whether it's pure extracted material or syrup the bodyload is just flat out nasty and unpleasant. My highest dose was around 800mgs and that experience was just plain unpleasant, no visuals, just a disjointed, nausea/vertigo filled dissociation, completely bed-ridden. DXM also just made me feel plain retarded, like a retarded robot however this is a trait seen with all dissociative for me which is why I don't find much pleasure in them, serotonergic psychedelics always provide a more enjoyable and worthwhile experience for me. This is just my 2¢… If a drug has a bad reputation that typically means that most find it unenjoyable. Not that the drug doesn't have potential, it's just not for everyone but It's good if you do enjoy it as it's definately convenient to just walk to the store and buy your DOC.

I definitely agree with you there, for example i very much enjoy k less body load and what not but other than that it is (to me atleast) almost identical to dxm which in my mind begs the question why does the minority enjoy dxm but the majority enjoy k? I guess it all comes down to personal choice. And like you pointed out i don't have to go meet some dodgy guy in an alley to buy dxm i just walk into the chemist and buy it.

To me all dissociatives feel similar whether it be K, MXE, pcp analogs... not to say they don't have differences, they definately do and especially at high doses. Ketamine is probably my favorite dissociative because it carries little bodyload and I can IM it and blast off into the "hole", something that just can't be done with DXM. I will admit though that DXM, when not dosed too high, has great music appreciation and sometimes euphoria but with access to too many drugs to count that can do that and more you won't see me taking DXM. William white said that only 1/3 of people actually enjoy DXM, how he came up with that number IDK but it sounds about right. If your one of the folk that enjoy DXM all the power to you... you just gotta understand that it's quite a "rough" drug and I can easily see how it's earned it's reputation. You should be happy that it's not popular, if it was it sure wouldn't be available OTC.

Excellent point. I thank my lucky stars everyday I can get my DOC from the chemist. And I guess my love for DXM is that I don't have access to a wide variety of drugs like like I used too. Like i said in my original post where I live is literally riddled with meth, and that's about it. I live in remote Western Australia. I like how you pointed out that when DXM is "Not dosed too high" has great music appreciation and sometimes euphoria which I 100% agree with you on that. However, I find DXM more shall I say interesting at the higher doses/plateaus which I generally cop flak for saying, but I guess im just interested in the power drugs have on the brain. I generally go for 1200mg ~ 1500mg but its very intense on the body and can linger for a good day or 2. But I also enjoy a 300mg ~ 400mg dose aswell particularly if im not in the mood to dose higher. I guess why I don't get why DXM has such a bad rep is this, My older sister is addicted to Meth... she likes too think she isn't but she is in denial. She judges and rips on me for drinking a 200ml bottle of robitussin but its fine for her to sit on her ass and smoke her pipe... Where's the logic in that. In your opinion is DXM "lower" than meth?

Last edited:
Holy shit drugs are fucking expensive as hell in AUS 8(!!! There's no price discussion allowed though on BL so you gotta edit those prices out or you'll get a warning. Even the DXM is 8x what it costs in the US, LSD runs for 15x less than what you would pay as well and the price per E tabs are just rediculous, 6-8x as much as what I pay, mostly even less since I'm friends with a connect. If your not BS'ing it must suck balls to be an addict in australia, at least your area. You do know there's hundreds of drugs available over the internet right? I'm not gonna go into detail but look up "research chemicals", there are vendor forums but those are kinda shady....Anyways I feel for you man, I would likely be using DXM as well if I was in your situation. Also I've just gotta say fuck meth, that shit destroys people...I've seen it with my own eyes too many times.

My bad :/ Editied them out. But yeh no BS, where I live is quiet isolated so I gather the prices reflect the long/risky trip from the closest city.... Which is still about 1800km (about 750 miles) away. Plus people here earn ALOT of money from the booming mining industry in Western Australia average wage here is around $3000 ~ $4000 a week, so people don't mind paying a high price. But drugs are cheaper in other parts of AUS but nowhere near the prices you guys pay in the US! And as for the online Vendors RC's are illegal to import from overseas, I tried importing 1 gram of 4-meo-pcp and 1 tiny little gram didn't get through border security. A P. Cubensis spore syringe I ordered a few weeks ago didn't get through border security.... I have just come to terms that Australias border security is very VERY good and im probably not gonna get shit in. Also there is legislation in Australia that was introduced which makes all research Chems, illegal until studied and made legal.

I thought you guys smoked rattlesnake venom down there..

;D
Honestly i think that dxm is under rated because most people have never had the pure product. I personaly notice a MASSIVE differance in high, comedown and just enjoyment in general. With OTC, here in the states, we dont have pressed pills unless they are laced with other nasty ingredients, a good dose of gel caps OR syrup would almost always ruin the whole experiance for me. I think that if i have never had the pure form, i would not consider it a serious recreational drug either (probably throw it in with doxylamine and diphen and any other lack-luster option one might find at the local pharmacy). BUT HOLY SHIT DUDE. To attain the experience with just useing diluted OTC syrup, one would vomit reminicent of that family guy episode. Hold my ears back please.

Hahaha where not as wild as the TV makes out, where pretty chilled down here.... and yes pure is definitely better.... but it all comes down to what brand of syrup you take to make it as good as possible, for example I have tried Bisolvon Dry, another brand of DXM only cough syrup and I found it to be a very empty pointless trip and I tried that 3 times when Robo was not available. However, when Robitussin Dry Cough Forte was available it is always much MUCH better than the Bisolvon Dry, and equivalent to its pure counter part. I personally don't dilute mine I just chug it and I barely get any nausea at all (I know it tastes like shit but its not that bad if you just go for it and get it over with). I think the difference of the 2 brands may be a different synthesis process because the companys use a different synth process. But is what im getting at is I think it depends on what brand based on which brands have the least side effects compared to pure DXM.

Sorry in advance if this doesn't make any sense I (finally) got onto some weed and haven't been baked in a few months soo editing was difficult... :/

I've noticed almost zero difference from pure DXM powder to syrup/gels, the only thing that was changed was not having to chug a bunch of disgusting syrup or puncture and eat a bunch of robo-gels. Also I would hope people aren't being stupid by ingesting anything other that DXM only products.

Its because it makes you feel like shit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5UnNRFt2iqw

Never had.DXM without great epiphanies though. Very introspective. Safe zone. Bubbly and forgiving.

Not visual to me. Strobing flanging and fractal sensation in surroundings, in minds eye, not visible. I have never had more than 1 bottle of any form. Doesn't seem safe. Those dosage calculators are fun to play with though.

There was a time I ate the robogels staggered each by 5 minutes. Must have been a fluke, but a sort of translucent projector appeared, sort of like an army camoulaged textured, dream machine, if anyone knows what.those are. And there was giant brown lines moving from the celing to the floor, like an escalatoe or tank tire, and the surroundings became a freefall chamber, in all honesty similar to that scene in charlie and the.chocolate factory, and I was constantly falling backwards while being pulled up. Dissociation, to the point of me to other.things, or objects, themselves, was not recognizable. There's actually some interesting psychology topics of impairments that are very similar to novelty removal or severe object dissociation, but I can't remember. Ill edit this later and look it up.

Anyway, I was intensely frightened.

DXM. Good shit.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Apperceptive_agnosia

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Integrative_agnosia

Dream+Machine.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Saccade
fig1.jpg

fnhum-07-00254-g004.jpg

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Scotoma
CentralScotoma.jpg

scientificamerican0510-60-I5.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lAF8D0ugyVk

Last edited:
My main use of DXM is for the epiphanies and introspection, it is like no other (atleast compared to what ive tried) and well I sortve like the being fucked up and cant walk and talk properly sortve thing like isaid in the OP it is simply perfect even in heaps high doses. The thing is to have that great introspection and epiphanies you must have a big dose. like 3rd or even 4th plateau....

Responses to DXM vary greatly, which is true of all drugs but even more true of DXM due to vast differences in how it is metabolized between individuals. I certainly know plenty of people here in PD (the shorthand notation for this forum) who love DXM, and I know others who also say it's their favorite psychedelic/dissociative.

I think part of the reason that a lot of people see it as a dirty, stupid drug is simply because it's an OTC high that a lot of middle schoo and high schoolers use because of a lack of access to other drugs, and that sort of scenario tends to make a lot of people look down on a drug. Personally, I don't care that much for DXM (I have used it a number of times), but I understand that for some it's a wonderful thing. I don't like how it makes me feel and it makes me depressed, but some people find it to feel incredibly nice and provide antidepressant effects.

I've never gotten visuals from ANY dissociative. DXM, MXE, PCP, 3-MeO-PCP, MXP, K, N2O. Never a single visual.

DXM gave me HPPD though, and makes me super nauseas. I've literally never had a good trip on it. Most people's experiences with DXM are closer to mine than the OP's.

It has given me HPPD, only mild but it is sortve annoying at times... but hell its better than being on the streets as a meth junky... I never had visuals on any other dissociative besides K. And ive tried a fair few. But the thing is ive never seen a pure dxm cap give anyone nausea, but chugging cough syrup does to some people, but me personally I don't get any nausea at all, even from drinking 400ml. My guts does make weird and abnormally loud noises but that's about it... I dare say them noises are my liver saying HELLLPPP!! hahaha.