• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids DXM and Opiates

Status
Not open for further replies.

wormraper

Greenlighter
I have a question. I've had an opiate issue in the past, having used them for chronic pain, but went through withdrawals and still occaisonally (once a month maybe) chip away. Now my question is. I've heard that DXM (cough syrup) has opioid properties (kind of) and I had a NASTY cold this last weekend (24-26) and was chugging robitussun DM like it was going out of style so I could freaking not cough my lungs out. Now I usually like to have a MINIMUM of 2 weeks between oxy uses and it's been almost a full month since my last use. But I took the cough syrup with DXM with it on monday as my last dose (monday morning really). would that sort of "reset" my "last time you used an opiate" center in my brain to only 4 days, or will it have no effect on it and my body will recognize that I haven't used an opiate in almost 4 weeks (I try not to dose too close together as I get a night of rebound otherwise). I just wanted to make sure that it wouldn't be like taking a dose 4 days apart instead of 3 weeks due to the DXM I pumped in my system since my buddy told me that DXM is basically and opioid.

Last edited:
i've heard of people sometimes using DXM for opiate wd's but personally i wouldn't touch the stuff so i cant help you much.
also great username

haha, thanks. Old golfing slang. it makes for a unique name :D..

and yeah, I don't touch Cough syrup either unless I'm sick,, but I was hacking up a lung and chugging the stuff just to keep from tearing my throat out :(... It's not someting I'd abuse as I hear it's a dissociative if taken in high "recreational" doses and me no likey dissociatives

No dxm is not an opioid, it will NOT reset your tolerace or dependence.

Status
Not open for further replies.