View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and novel dissociatives

Renald

Bluelighter
DXM is known as a weak dissociative, and before getting quite a noticeable dissociative effect we must go thru its serotonergic/noradrenergic action. I am thinking about combining novel dissociatives (ephenidine, diphenidine) in small doses with DXM to increase NMDA antagonism with less SERT/NET action from DXM. Have you ever tried this? What are the subjective feelings?

DXM is actually primarily a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and is something like 10x stronger affinity for serotonin transporter than it does at NMDAr as a dissociative. I think if you are combining DXM with other dissociatives you might as well just do the "real" dissociatives and save the DXM for a trip of its own. Even at low doses you will mostly be experiencing a SNRI high...

DXM is actually primarily a norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor and is something like 10x stronger affinity for serotonin transporter than it does at NMDAr as a dissociative. I think if you are combining DXM with other dissociatives you might as well just do the "real" dissociatives and save the DXM for a trip of its own. Even at low doses you will mostly be experiencing a SNRI high...

I have problems getting "real dissociatives", DXM is easy to get. It would be interesting to compare DXM as SNRI with SSRI/SNRI antidepressants, I have used them for long time, but I have never felt anything from them. I believe DXM is a weaker SNRI comparing it to the "real" SNRI (antidepressants). Can we compare them directly by their Ki value?