• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

DXM and nausea/vomiting

iwannafeelthatway

Greenlighter
So I have the burning desire to try DXM for the 1st time, but I'm really scared that I'm gonna get sick on it. My friend told me that I should just take a little at a time, start with 40 mg and then take more an hour later. I only want to reach the 1st plateau, since I'm inexperienced and have had a bad experience smoking too much weed. I tried to look up things about DXM and nausea and vomiting, and people say that it happens, but I have no idea how much they took. Many took a lot, and one person said there isn't really any nausea on the 1st plateau. I'm on meds for nausea, but I'm not sure if they work (I threw up on zofran when I was sick). Now I'm on invega and omeprazole. It's pretty rare for me to get sick, but I'm scared. Any thoughts???

Well it depends.. do you have pure dxm powder? Or are you taking cough meds, with dxm in them? If its the latter, I would just steer clear of using them. If you have it in a pure form, then you should be OK taking a small amount. The risk of nausea is fairly low, at low doses. However, if you're scared to take a substance, that's probably a good indicator of what to do. Good luck, be safe.

- Hopeless Soul

You probably will have a really intense experience your first time, depending on the dose you take.

600mgs would usually make me puke when I took the stuff. I'd have a bucket by my bed. Expect to puke. Try drinking some ginger ale or tea to sooth the nausea. Your main goal is to hold down the stuff for as long as you can. I'd usually puke 45 minutes to an hour after dosing. Most of the DXM would be in me at that point. I would often hop in the shower during that period and, once I gagged out the shit for a while, I felt great. If you need to puke, get it over with, and go lay down and enjoy the experience.

I'm not advocating the use of this drug. Its dangerous and really bad for you. It left me with something that will never go away and that something is my username..

DXM powder isn't something that will be easy to obtain. Its for companies who are making DXM-based products. You can get it on an online black market.

EDIT: PLEASE make sure any medication you may be taking doesn't interact with recreational use of DXM! Making this mistake messed me up and i'll regret it for the rest of my life.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads...s-from-DXM-Abuse-Becoming-Progressively-Worse

Any doctor can tell you this is perfectly normal as dxm is a drug... drugs have side effects...

Everyone reacts differently.
I never got nauseous on dxm.
Even on 1200mg no nausea.
Maybe because i took capsules containing powder and didnt have to chug down syrup.

But i suggest eating a bit about an hour before ingestion.
Only a snack...like a sandwich.

You dont want to take it on an empty stomach but you dont want to have a full meal in your stomach either.