• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

DXM and Memantine for MDMA tolerance?

jess046

Bluelighter
So I was sitting on Bluelight late at night with the worse hangover of my life (which tends to me the situation that leads me to mindlessly scrolling blue light), and I had a look at some old threads that discussed using DXM and/or memantine for Amphetamine tolerance and opitate tolerance reversal. Has anybody tried this for MDMA? What dosage and what time frame would be a good idea to start with? My tolerance isn't too bad at the moment, but I'd like to keep it that way...I don't really use enough amps or opiates to justify this process otherwise, but MDMA has a nasty way of cropping back up in my life for long periods of time before I figure out I'm fucking up my brain and give it a rest for a few months...

I've tried piracetam, and honestly, never thought much of it, although I know the theory is based around the same NDMA receptor thing.

I'm experimenting with this right now. I'll be rolling next Saturday after having been on 20 mg of memantine for two weeks after slowly titrating up over 10 days. I'll let you know.

DXM wouldn't be recommended but I've used memantine for amphetamine tolerance. If you can tolerate the dosage (I was doing 40mg every twelve hours - some pretty heavy brain fog for the first week or two, titrate up slowly), its very effective and can tank your tolerance below even your initial baseline after around a month. Keep in mind that amphetamine tolerance and loss of magic due to abuse are two different things. If you don't have sufficient breaks, the serotonin isn't there and there's nothing you can do about that. DXM has a lot of side effects and drug interactions plus a very short half life which means having to dose more frequently than memantine.