• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

dxm and mdma interaction

miscbrahh

Bluelighter
I'm wondering it it's ok to do mdma about 36 hours after taking 10ml dxm (for a legitmate cough).

Tried doing a search but couldn't find anything..

edit: never mind, found it.

for those interested: http://wiki.bluelight.org/index.php...bining_MDMA_with_other_drugs.2Fmedications.3F

"DXM will remain active in the body for 4-8 hours. If you have taken cough syrup earlier in the day, be wary of dosing MDMA until the DXM has left your body. "

Last edited:
10 mL DXM ? I doubt that would have any hallucinogenic effect. I've taken 200 mL cough syrup with 15mg DXM/5 ml (for the sole purpose of tripping the fuck out) which equals out to about 600mg DXM, and I will never ever do it again; worst trip of my life. Anyways, after that night (which I couldn't sleep at all) I thought it'd be a good idea to do some lines and go out and party, I was fine. DXM is primarily an NMDA receptor antagonist, as most dissociatives are. MDMA acts primarily on serotonin receptors, and so long as you don't go crazy with the molly there is no doubt in my mind that you will be fine.

and considering I've read clincal research articles on recovering addicts who have told stories of mixing >1000mg DXM with klonazapin and other heavy benzo's and they were alive. Plus the half-life of DXM ranges from 1.4-3.9 hours (according to wiki) so after 36 hours theoretically you should be in the clear bud

10 mL DXM ? I doubt that would have any hallucinogenic effect. I've taken 200 mL cough syrup with 15mg DXM/5 ml (for the sole purpose of tripping the fuck out) which equals out to about 600mg DXM, and I will never ever do it again; worst trip of my life. Anyways, after that night (which I couldn't sleep at all) I thought it'd be a good idea to do some lines and go out and party, I was fine. DXM is primarily an NMDA receptor antagonist, as most dissociatives are. MDMA acts primarily on serotonin receptors, and so long as you don't go crazy with the molly there is no doubt in my mind that you will be fine.

This is ENTIRELY FALSE! Dextromethorphan is a serotonin releasing agent and it can cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with MDMA! You should avoid dextromethorphan at all costs when you are planning to roll because the combo can and has killed people before! Dextromethorphan itself is weak as an NMDA antagonist, its the metabolite dextrorphan that is believed to be responsible for the NMDA antagonist activity of dextromethorphan.

and considering I've read clincal research articles on recovering addicts who have told stories of mixing >1000mg DXM with klonazapin and other heavy benzo's and they were alive. Plus the half-life of DXM ranges from 1.4-3.9 hours (according to wiki) so after 36 hours theoretically you should be in the clear bud

DXM and benzos are entirely different drug classes with entirely different effects. DXM and MDMA both share serotonin release, however.

Please don't talk about things you aren't certain about as you could kill someone.

ty captain. just making sure

You'll be fine 36 hours afterwards. You shouldn't consume MDMA within 12 hours of regular dextromethorphan and at least 24 hours when it comes to dextromethorphan polistirex, just to be on the safe side when using it legitimately.

This is ENTIRELY FALSE! Dextromethorphan is a serotonin releasing agent and it can cause serotonin syndrome when mixed with MDMA! You should avoid dextromethorphan at all costs when you are planning to roll because the combo can and has killed people before! Dextromethorphan itself is weak as an NMDA antagonist, its the metabolite dextrorphan that is believed to be responsible for the NMDA antagonist activity of dextromethorphan.

DXM and benzos are entirely different drug classes with entirely different effects. DXM and MDMA both share serotonin release, however.

Please don't talk about things you aren't certain about as you could kill someone.

You'll be fine 36 hours afterwards. You shouldn't consume MDMA within 12 hours of regular dextromethorphan and at least 24 hours when it comes to dextromethorphan polistirex, just to be on the safe side when using it legitimately.

I don't think I ever contested the fact that DXM has serotonin agonistic activities, nor did I condone mixing the two. But 10ml of DXM taken for a cough 36 hours prior to MDMA would have slim to no potential of causing serotonin syndrome

Sorry but DXM is something that I'm very strict on that it should not be used in any amount anywhere near MDMA.

I took 15mg when I was coming down (around 6 hours after my last dose of MDMA) because I was starting to come down with a cold and I quickly started showing signs of SS. I ended up losing consciousness and I don't think I would have survived if my friend Hil hadn't been there to take care of me.

Its the stupidest thing that I've ever done without a doubt and I wasn't even thinking about the complication when I did it so whenever I see a post that isn't entirely clear about the dangers of MDMA and DXM, I always err on the side of caution.

Good stuff MagickalKat777
Yep, even a low dose with some other drugs is bad news!