View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Guaifenesin?

shadowstryker

Bluelighter
I'm interested in trying DXM, but the only form I can find it in near me is in Robitussin. Unfortunately nowhere in my area sells Robitussin without guaifenesin in it as well. I know guaifenesin causes severe nausea when taken in large amounts, and I'm sure that would ruin my trip for sure. I also have some Zofran (Ondansentron), which is a pretty powerful prescription anti-nausea medicine. If I drank 4oz of Robitussin DM (w/guaifenesin) in combination with zofran would it cancel out the guaifenesin's nauseating effects?

I cannot comment on it countering the nausea but I can say this sounds like a very bad idea. Guafinessin also cause diarrhea. I do not know if it is dangerous in the amounts you will be taking.

I have not done dxm in over 10 years. From what I remember it pure dxm would make me nauseous in its own. I can't imagine adding another nauseating chemical.

Also just a general rule. The more drugs you take, the more unwanted side effects. As you continue your adventure down the rabbit hole you will learn how drugs interact and when/why and how to take something

I think you need to do some more research before you take your trip

I agree, this sounds like a very bad idea. There is no guarantee that zofran will cancel out the guaifenesin. Don't do it.

Do they stock Robitussin DM cough gels? Those don't have guafenesin in them, or at least no formulation I've ever come across has.

Agreeing with the others, don't take that much guaifenesin, you'll just be sick for your whole trip. It sucks that you can't find any DXM-only formulations, there must be a lot of teenage robotrippers in your area or something :p

ive personally never had any nausea from guaifenesin. I do have a pretty strong stomach though. Maybe try a little bit and see how you feel then go from there?

ive personally never had any nausea from guaifenesin. I do have a pretty strong stomach though. Maybe try a little bit and see how you feel then go from there?

You must be one of the lucky ones, DXM even without guaf gives me the most awful nausea and the most blinding migraines, only tried it twice because it literally feels like I poisoned myself every time.

Do they have delsym were you are? I have no dxm hbr only formulations were I am, but delsym is dxm polistirix, so just take 1.25-1.5x more to get the same effects, and it lasts alot longer

You must be one of the lucky ones, DXM even without guaf gives me the most awful nausea and the most blinding migraines, only tried it twice because it literally feels like I poisoned myself every time.

thats too bad man. i love dxm, i feel bad you cant experience it also. ever try taking something for nausea like an hour before taking it? that may help. also if you have a solid meal before taking it that also can do wonders.

While the nausea is pretty uncomfortable it's by no means the worst negative symptom, I get nauseous on most drugs at least sometimes, I got a weeeeeak ass stomach.
The migraines however are the most painful headaches I've ever experienced, and the trip has always just been me having my face shoved in a pillow in the darkest room I can find because light makes it hurt soooo much worse.
It's all good though, ketamine treats me really well so I still get to enjoy dissociatives haha

I am in the same exact boat. In my teens I tried robo tripping twice... (~300mg one time pills, one time syrup... Both only Dxm)Both times I felt " poisoned". I get nauseous, headaches, itching and vomiting.

I thought dissociates were "stupid" for a while. Until I stumbled upon ketamine. After dabbling with K I decided to give Dxm another go in my mid 20s. I downed 300mg of Dxm in cough syrup.... And whatdya know. The same reaction. Itchiness, nauseous, and vomiting. My friend even hand some pure Dxm powder that I gave one final go... Same story Always end up with the lights off and my face in a pillow.

But to stay on topic, try and wait until you can get a product with only Dxm and no other active ingredients.