View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Gabapentin

shpongle1987

Bluelighter
I have had a batch of pure dxm for a while now and I plan on taking some tomorrow maybe around 400-600mg. I also have some gabapentin and was wondering whether anyone has ever mixed these two substances before. Im always down for a mixture so I wanna get an idea for what I am in for. I was thinking about perhaps going to the planetarium tomorrow because there is a show on mars. Shit i just moved into this apartment and just realized there's a planetarium like 10mins walking distance away! So does anyone have any thoughts or experience with this mixture? Should I stray away from the gaba? And please no bs about how dxm is a shitty drug blah blah blah, it is one of my favorites by far. Thanks!

Gabapentin + DXM is a great combo. Makes everything more euphoric, especially if you dose the DXM slowly over a few hours. Be warned though: some people have an extreme reaction to this combo (so going to a public place might not be the best time to experiment). Have fun!

gabapentin can be monstrously more potent in combination with other depressants. DXM is known for bad interactions with some things. This combo sounds dangerous unless your doses are low... since you want it for an 'experience' I'd recommend you do something you know would make a good experience as with this combo you risk either taking too little and not getting the buzz you want (the safe way to test it, as you never have before) or being too fucked up or even in a dangerous state in public (which would be the safest place to OD, but still)

I'm not prone to drug interactions and I can tell you that I had a severe reaction to gabapentin after daily dosing 30mL of Delsym for a week (15mL (180mg DXM) every twelve hours). I was on 300mg of gabapentin for 3 days, then on the fourth day I went up to 300mg twice a day and I ended up on a really bad trip for the next 24 hours. I was so messed up it wasn't even funny. My body was buzzing (not always comfortable), I would trip balls when I closed my eyes - full blown visions... But I couldn't sleep which made it horrible and at the end, I was so fucked up I couldn't communicate at all, had no coordination, and scared the shit out of everyone.

I would not recommend this combination. It feels like something extremely toxic is going on. It left me screwed up for a few days with a weird dysphoric feeling and I had stopped the Neurontin after the last 300mg dose. Considering that the half life of Neurontin is 5 to 7 hours... yeah.

But I couldn't sleep which made it horrible and at the end, I was so fucked up I couldn't communicate at all, had no coordination, and scared the shit out of everyone.

How many DXM stories end that way? Too many! It's actually a very serious drug, even if it doesn't seem that way (some people have claimed it's as innocuous as water).

I would not recommend this combination. It feels like something extremely toxic is going on. It left me screwed up for a few days with a weird dysphoric feeling and I had stopped the Neurontin after the last 300mg dose. Considering that the half life of Neurontin is 5 to 7 hours... yeah.

I never thought the combo felt toxic... but I wasn't one of those who ever called gabapentin "morontin" either, since it never seemed to diminish my mental faculties in any way (that I could tell). So you never know... maybe people were just being kind! ;)

It all just goes to show that everyone is different when it comes to drugs. A lot of people are nonplussed by gabapentin's effects.

How many DXM stories end that way? Too many! It's actually a very serious drug, even if it doesn't seem that way (some people have claimed it's as innocuous as water)

My DXM stories never ended that way. It was my drug of choice for almost two years. I did it at least 3 days a week (with my peak usage being daily) for the better part of a year. I'd still be doing it if I hadn't hit that wall where I can no longer trip from it. I was only on the 15mL of Delsym twice a day for the purposes of helping with my ongoing Valium taper and 180mg of DXM released over the course of 6-8 hours is not enough to get you high. Delsym has completely different pharmacology than DXM HBr.

I never thought the combo felt toxic... but I wasn't one of those who ever called gabapentin "morontin" either, since it never seemed to diminish my mental faculties in any way (that I could tell). So you never know... maybe people were just being kind! ;)

It all just goes to show that everyone is different when it comes to drugs. A lot of people are nonplussed by gabapentin's effects.

It could very well be that the built up DXM/DXO in my system (since I was trying to keep a steady plasma level of DXO) caused a sort of plateau sigma with the Neurontin. I've not touched the stuff since that night so I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that it wasn't pleasant and it was very long-lived though so there is definitely some sort of interaction whether it has to do with enzymes or otherwise.

Neurontin has been suggested as a way to restore the "magic" of DXM so I would say that it appeared to do something but it wasn't magical like DXM. It was also completely unintentional and unexpected.

It could very well be that the built up DXM/DXO in my system (since I was trying to keep a steady plasma level of DXO) caused a sort of plateau sigma with the Neurontin. I've not touched the stuff since that night so I couldn't tell you. I can tell you that it wasn't pleasant and it was very long-lived though so there is definitely some sort of interaction whether it has to do with enzymes or otherwise.

Plateau sigma, you're probably right. Happened to somebody I know personally, at very low dosages.

Neurontin has been suggested as a way to restore the "magic" of DXM so I would say that it appeared to do something but it wasn't magical like DXM. It was also completely unintentional and unexpected.

With both drugs, I believe the "magic" has to be sought more often than not; it's seems to be hit-or-miss most of the time. On gabapentin, the happiness it brings seems like something to be accepted, rather than something that is forced upon me. Likewise, DXM's magical aspects aren't always apparent, and tend to come and go.

Last edited:
With both drugs, I believe the "magic" has to be sought more often than not; it's seems to be hit-or-miss most of the time. On gabapentin, the happiness it brings seems like something to be accepted, rather than something that is forced upon me. Likewise, DXM's magical aspects aren't always apparent, and tend to come and go.

By "magic" in reference to DXM, I mean that now I can take a gram of DXM and just feel drunk. Any psychoactive effects are completely gone. I haven't tried a recreational dose lately but I waited 2 years between uses and two 4 ounce bottles of Robo Max Cough spaced an hour apart to get a plateau sigma didn't do anything except give me an alcohol buzz. Most likely because of the alcohol content of that formulation. Previously, while the trip itself was usually unpredictable (one of the things I loved), I always reliably blasted SOMEWHERE from one bottle of Max let alone two.

Gabapentin just felt dirty to me. I like Lyrica but need like 450mg of it so its cost prohibitive for effects that remind me of a mix of the positives of kava and alcohol.

By "magic" in reference to DXM, I mean that now I can take a gram of DXM and just feel drunk. Any psychoactive effects are completely gone.

Ah, OK. I was wondering about that last night: are the magic effects absent from "50+ trippers" because the people attempting to trip simply aren't getting a large effect from the drug anymore? DXM has got a WIDE range of effects. "Feeling drunk" starts at plateau 1. The hallucinations do not... not always anyway.

I haven't tried a recreational dose lately but I waited 2 years between uses and two 4 ounce bottles of Robo Max Cough spaced an hour apart to get a plateau sigma didn't do anything except give me an alcohol buzz. Most likely because of the alcohol content of that formulation. Previously, while the trip itself was usually unpredictable (one of the things I loved), I always reliably blasted SOMEWHERE from one bottle of Max let alone two.

Dang, I'm sorry for you :( Have you tried taking magnesium + a shitton of vitamins + grapefruit juice beforehand? I'm thinking that taking large amounts of DXM might be doing this to people, not frequent usage.

Dang, I'm sorry for you :( Have you tried taking magnesium + a shitton of vitamins + grapefruit juice beforehand? I'm thinking that taking large amounts of DXM might be doing this to people, not frequent usage.

I haven't messed with it too much. I was doing it daily for quite awhile so its probably for the best that it doesn't have any recreational effects on me anymore.

I don't really think it has much to do with high doses in my case as my preferred dose was low third plateau. I hit fourth maybe three times before I decided that it was a waste because I'd forget just about all of it.

What's strange though is that the NMDA antagonism still very much works. I first noticed it when I was tapering down on my valium a few years ago and then had a few drinks and got absolutely smashed from what would normally barely give me a buzz. I have an alcohol tolerance like you wouldn't believe - its genetic :\

How about high tolerance, I need to take 6g gaba to feel good an pregabalin 1500mg to feel god, dxm ave 0 tolerance. Im having break from pregabalin for on week so I keep for xanax and gababu today I would like to try gabapentin 2440mg and 300mg dxm, alo Ive eaten 10mg alprazolam, butI never get black out I have huge benzo tolerance,m Im not addicted to them but I ruined my tolerance back i the days,