View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and DPH combo

Bfitzy

Greenlighter
So sometime in July I was feeling quite bored, and I decided to try some DXM mixed with DPH. With no preparation, I downed 75mg DXM HBr and 250mg DPH. For perspective, I weigh a little over 50 kg.
T+00:00 - Took all pills.

T+01:00 - Started feeling a little strange, probably just nervousness.

T+01:30 - I felt as if I were in a different place. My coordination was lost somewhere along the way as with both drugs alone, I was very drowsy such as with DPH, and my higher brain functions such as reading were nowhere to be found, such as with higher doses of DXM. I was very happy with the effects from such a low dose of both drugs. It was about a +2 on the shulgin scale, with some weird twists: I was capable of doing some things on it if I concentrated (though without higher brain function, I couldn't do much), but if I just let the drugs speak to me, they took me into a dreamy state very similar to falling asleep, but I was more aware of it. The first thing I noticed was an abundance of auditory hallucinations, especially voices, and soon after I would get visuals. After a minute or two, the drug would let go of you, and you'd realize you were never asleep, but in a trance.

T+04:00 - The drowsiness was getting stronger, so I decided to go to bed to avoid passing out on the floor. After lying in bed, with the lights off, I didn't see very much for closed eye visuals, but it took a surprising amount of time to fall asleep, (about 30 minutes) considering the fact that I felt like I'd fall asleep as soon as I laid down. I fell asleep at about 10:00 at night.

T+11:00 - I woke up at about 5 and still felt a slight buzz and lack of coordination, but it was very slight, just like a slight after-effect.

T+13:00 - Woke up again, pretty much baseline. Went about my day perfectly fine.

Overall, I think this combination deserves some research, as it is a much safer dose of both drugs, and has some interesting effects. I might call this a meditation drug, but I think the effects of the DXM reduce the amount you can learn from it, maybe with some more preparation and an adjusted dose ratio, this could become a safer alternative to downing bottles of pills for an rather unpleasant high. Stay frosty!