View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Doxylamine

dmetalfreak

Greenlighter
I've been searching for a straight answer, and for some reason just can't find one..
I lifted 3 bottles of Nighttime Cough (30mg DXM, 12.5mg Doxylamine, 177ml bottles), used to trip DXM all the time, mainly triple c's and delsym. Triple c's aren't an option because of a couple days in ICU back in 2012, nobody wants to go through that..
All I want to know is if it's safe to down all 3 bottles in one setting, because I'm not sure what the toxic dose for Doxylamine is. The other night I took 40 robitussin gels and barely tripped. Used to have a very high tolerance for DXM so I need quite a bit for a good trip, more than a just a head rush.
Good idea or bad?

I'm not sure what the toxic dose of doxylamine is either, but 3 whole bottles is going to be a HUGE dose, best case scenario is that you'll pass the fuck out really hard and sleep for who knows how long, and miss the trip. Worst case scenario is you have to visit the ICU again. Just find something with DXM only...

Either the Doxylamine is making the dxm weaker or it just hasn't kicked in the whole way yet, which is weird because I downed the bottles about 4 hours ago, and took 20 robogels on top of that. Either my metabolism sucks ass, or the doxylamine is making it weaker.

Did you even spend 5 minutes researching doxylamine toxicity before downing three bottles? This is one of those antihistamines you definitely don't want to push the dose with. Anyways, according to the study below there was an 87% chance of developing rhabdomyolysis at >20mg/kg, which is about 1,200mg for ~135lb human. Unless your tiny or the concetration of that particular bottle is high I doubt you took that much (PS. it helps to know your weight and how many ml contain that 12.5mgs).

There is also a study where people have entered renal failure second to rhabdo with as little as "15x the standard 25mg dose", can't seem to find the study nor BDD post that I posted the study in, it was a few months back. The reason your not finding an exact dose is because there isn't one, and typically OD's are reported in mg/kg so you've gotta do a bit of math.

I don't want to scare you you but chances are your going to be delerious eventually so It would be a good idea to get a sitter to watch over you, ready to take you to the hospital if you start having any serious side-effects. You might get away with it this time, but please be smarter next time and use a DXM only product... I'll try and find relevant studies regarding dose and toxicity if your interested. Be wary of any muscle pain and/or kidney related symptoms, the good thing is damage to the kidneys can be kept to a minimum should it be treated asap. ( https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...mW9eWik3xVgoh6_bw&sig2=g9W9XGImg9uaLjW3UnxqPg)

Clinical Features of the Patients with Seizures after Doxylamine Succinate Overdose.
http://koreamed.org/SearchBasic.ph..."J+Korean+Epilepsy+Soc"+[JTI]++AND+2010+[DPY]

Risk factors for rhabdomyolysis following doxylamine overdosehttp://m.het.sagepub.com/content/26/8/617.short

Last edited:
Hope you're alright... as apparently it is quite toxic at large doses. :\

OP please give an update asap, don't leave us hanging. Threads like these are always worrying...