View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM and Amphetamines?

KetamineVials

Greenlighter
Is it safe to mix the two? I know it's not safe to mix with MDMA due to a possible serotonin syndrome (is that because DXM is a mild SSRI?) Anyway, what about other amphetamines? Specifically, Vyvanse - which is a pro-drug to Dexedrine. So if you don't know if it's safe with Vyvanse, is it safe to mix with Dexedrine? I'm currently on a low dose, only 20mg of Vyvanse. I'm planning on taking DXM in about 6 hours or less, and I just took the Vyvanse about half an hour ago.

Thanks!

Yeah I used to take vyvanse everyday and take DXM. I wouldn't recommend it if you don't take it all the time, but I never had any issues personally.

just be careful as it may cause hypertension/anxiety/angina pectoris(or whatever that weird feeling in the left chest area is)

If it's only low doses of amphetamine/Vyvanase (20mg is quite low) and/or you take it on a regular basis so you can tolerate it, you're probably OK. The DXM dose matters as well, for best results and to avoid any possibility of hypertensive crisis (high blood pressure and panic attacks) - I wouldn't be taking a third or fourth plateau dose while you still have it in your system.