• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Dxm agemt lemon extraction method, question can't find answer on other threads.

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
So I added the ammonia and Cough syrup mixture to a jar. Then added the naphtha. Their was a large red layer on bottom (Cough syrup/ammonia), and a thin, clear layer on top (naphtha/dxm).

So after shaking vigorously for a couple minutes, the clear layer on top became full of , tiny, white soapy bubbles. Instead of being a clear layer, their were soapy bubbles making up that layer. Before shaking the mixture, the clear layer on top, was clear, see through.

Any Ideas on to why this is occurring, and mainly, will this even matter or effect the final product, the lemonade?

Thanks.

I had the same issue back in the days when I started my altered journey! One of my agent lemon extraction didn't separate clearly and formed soapy bubble as yours, just give it some time, it will separate. I don't know why it happens though, usually liquids with different densities will just separate... but I suppose it doesn't always happen fast.

Hope you enjoy your agent lemon!

I had the same issue back in the days when I started my altered journey! One of my agent lemon extraction didn't separate clearly and formed soapy bubble as yours, just give it some time, it will separate. I don't know why it happens though, usually liquids with different densities will just separate... but I suppose it doesn't always happen fast.

Hope you enjoy your agent lemon!

Hey thanks so much for replying and helping out. The layers actually have separated just fine, perfectly actually. It is just that one of the layers, the thin naphtha layer on top, has bubbles in it, not moving, just sitting their still, floating. Their are larger bubbles, and smaller ones attached around those larger ones.

It is like the larger ones are rings, and the smaller ones are attached to those rings, surrounding. Kind of like how the moon orbits the earth, and you could see the path the moon takes around the earth, with a visible line, a perfect circle.

The bigger bubbles are attached to one another side by side, and around the perimeter of that larger bubble, are smaller darker in color ones attached. I can only see this when I use a bright flash light from my phone though. I don't know what it is.

So yeah, the layers separated just fine. their are just some bubbles in my naphtha layer, some big, some small. Floating, like planets in space, just still.

Turns out, the cough syrup I used for the extraction actually contained citric acid, in the in active ingredients. If ammonia or NaOH, converts the Dxm hbr salt into a free base, and citric acid converts the free base back into a salt (citrate), and their is citric acid in the syrup, what would happen if you added ammonia to a cough syrup containing citric acid? So is the dxm going to go free base and back to salt and back to free base or is it going to create some form of chemical reaction and mess up the extraction.

How do we know if the dxm converted to a free base because of the ammonia, or if it converted back to a salt because of the citric acid in the cough syrup, and just stayed in the cough syrup. I have the final product stored, the citric acid dxm solution..that's only if the dxm actually made it to the final solution, or the naphtha layer at all.