View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM acid base extraction help

dharmadextro

Greenlighter
So I have successfully completed the agent lemon method handfuls of times.
I am attempting to go with the naptha evaporation tek to obtain crystallized dxm. I pour a bottle of robitussin dm coming only dxm and guafenisin into a 3 liter pitcher shaker. I add the equal amount of ammonia and shake for about 5 minutes. I let the bubbles settle for 3 minutes. I add a tenth of the amount of dxm/ammonia of vm&p naptha into the pitcher, about an inch. Now I shake it up for 5 minutes and pour into a Ziploc bag and hang by the corner on the wall. I give it about 30 or longer depending on how clear the top layer of naptha and dxm is on top. I can never get a truly clear layer of naptha I believe because of the guafenisin. I drain the bottom ammonia and red syrup base and drain the naptha/dxm into pitcher. I add equal amount of distilled water and shake then pour into Ziploc and hang. I am attempting to clear up the naptha by washing it with distilled water. I do the wash at least 4 times. I end up with light red water on the bottom layer, and now a clearish thick white layer of naptha and dxm on the top layer I believe. Now I had drained the bottom and drained the white naptha layer into a Pyrex casserole dish which is now outside to evaporate. My question now is, What steps do I have left to do to crystallize the dxm after evaporation? And/or have I done any errors before I did the evaporation. I have done this with generic 99cent store dxm abd guafenisin and brand name robotussin dxm and guafenisin and brand name seems to have a clearer layer of naptha on top. I also have attempted leaving naptha/dxm separation with ammonia for 24hrs and still comes out with thick white naptha/dxm layer on top. If anyone has any advice/tips and corrections to my tek please let me know, thanks anything is appreciated.

Okay your on the right track I have done this extraction a few times myself. First of all the tussin DM should be fine as long as you consider the frothy layer and deal with that accordingly but if you can obtain just the tussin cough without the guafenisin you'll have less syrup to deal with ( as it is contains more dxm) and you won't have to worry about the frothy layer process. Another thing is when I did the extraction I just put the naptha/ dxm mixture into a glass baking pan and didn't wash it with water at all and it cystalizes automatically when it all evaporates. I never had any side effects when I took the powder because I was under the impression that the naptha pretty much gets evaporated enough so you don't have to worry about washing it at all is what I saw on youtube. I suppose I could be wrong but I personally never noticed any problems when taking it myslef so I'm not sure 100% if my way is totally safe but when it dries your left with 100% dry clean looking crystal dxm with no oily residue at ALL and thats how I was taught how to do it myself. I never heard of havi ng to wash it with water but I'm assuming that it will cystalize either way right I mean as long as you blow dry it until it all evaporates you should be left with crystal dxm at the bottom. Thats how it works with the dxm?naptha mixture so I don't see why the water would be any different but I'm not totally sure. I DO remember blowdrying it for a WHILE and then thinking it wouldn't evaporate so then I got tired and just left it under my bathroom sink and when I checked the next morning there was nothing left but pure dxm crystals. If you search on youtube you should be ale to find the video that helped me but he never mentioned having to wash the naptha with water... so I'm not sure about that...

Oh and by the way one more thing... BE VERY CAREFUL WITH PURE DXM!!!! WEIGH YOUR DOSES!!!! Once I tried taking some with out a scale by eyeballing it into capsules, and for some reason it was taking a long time to kick in that day leading me to believe I messed up and made a super weak batch. Boy was I WAY WRONG! Before I knew it I was coming up on about 850 to 1000 mgs of pure dex . When I peaked I was coming in and out of what I would consider a super massive dex-hole which was quite uncomfortable and disphoric considering how hard it hit... pretty much like a dxm shot gun blast to the face... NOT COOL man! Anyway ease into the stuff and BE CAREFUL! WEIGH IT!!!! Know your body and take only what you can handle. You've also got to consider it's not as smooth as syrup or agent lemon because it's so concentrated so you probably wont need quite as many mgs as you take in syrup. It's better if you cut it with milk powder or something and just make like 30 or 60 mg capsules because it comes on a lot smoother, not so rough...

Last edited:
Thanks a lot man yeah I let it evaporate and it turned out perfect, had a good 3rd plateau trip. I tried the blow drying thing a couple times before but it seemed like when I did that I didn't get any crystals or dxm powder if some sort as to when I just let it evaporate outside I instantly could see the crystallization as naptha evaporated, but thanks for your reply all is well