View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

DXM 3 times in one week

MarcusJD9999

Bluelighter
I'm not talking about taking DXM 3 times a week every week. Just like one time and then not taking again for at least a month. Is taking dxm like two days in a row, and then skipping a day and dosing again enough to raise any concern for permanent brain damage or mental issues or anything like that? Like if you usually take dxm once a month or every three weeks and not 3 time a week every week just on like. Special occasion. Is this really that bad if a break is taken afterwards?

Also the dosage goes like: 600 mg one night, the next night 400 mg, and skipping a night for a break and then another 300-600 mg. That makes thrice in one week

You'll be fine, but something to keep in mind:

You will become tolerant to DXM very quick.
The William White DXM FAQ states studies have showed that 1% of people who have taken 720mg or more per trip, at least twice a week, for over a year have experienced some brain impairment.

It is also speculated that DXM binges can lead to permanent brain damage, psychological disorders, temporary mental impairment, weight loss, loss of muscle control, organ damage, and physical addiction.
These are mostly just reports that people have made, but through my research I've found no proof that any of this can happen.

But anyways doing DXM three times in a week once should be fine, just don't make it a habit.

Cheers.

Ok thanks for the advice I'll probably go for it and then quit for at least a month or two before next dose

This is my second time doing this by the way. I did this one other time about half a year ago, and don't plan on taking dosing this close together for a really long time, if ever again

Even if you do plan on doing this again then you should still be fine. I've binged on DXM every other day for a few weeks with no impairment after except some memory problems for a week after. But, the same type of memory problems happen with a week after the use of marijuana so it wasn't a big deal to me.

But of course be safe, DXM seems like it would be a nasty substance to get psychologically addicted to anyways.