• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Duration, Craving, Euphoria: IV Heroin vs IV Cocaine (vs Smoking Crack)

dce_edu

Greenlighter
Hi guys so I know this has been asked a million times, but I've looked at all of those and never really gotten the answer I was looking for. I know its very subjective but I was hoping I could spark a good discussion and get some interesting opinions.
Okay here it goes..
Long story short I have always been an opiate guy.. Loved pills for a while, then got into heroin, started injecting. Im clean now and haven't done it in about 3 months. But recently I was offered some coke, for some reason I thought fuck it- I'll shoot it. And oh my god, unbelievable. The bell ringer, the loud ringing in your ears that over powers everything else. But then its done- 10 minutes later you want another shot. A gram gave me about 6 decent size ones which I did in about 2 hours.
I'm not sure its really fair to compare my first shot of cocaine ever to my most recent shot of heroin (with a high tolerance, some suboxone in my system. Definitely not getting full effects). But its difficult to compare it to my first shot of H, I don't really remember it and it was a while ago.
Here is what I noticed with coke: With heroin, you do a shot- and you're good for hours. You might want another one in a couple hours, but you're goood. Pretty much until the next day until (physical symptoms aside) you really crave it. With coke, I don't even think about it the next day. But 10 minutes after the shot I want another and another and another and it seems to never satisfy me. I've only done it about 6 or 7 times so maybe I don't have a great understanding of it. I was hoping thats where you guys could come in, hopefully somebody can give me a better longer term comparison to cocaine vs heroin when injected. And if you think injecting cocaine is "worth it".

I was hoping we could discuss IV heroin vs IV cocaine in 3 main areas: duration, obviously how long it lasts. The rush and subsequent high. | craving, when do you start to crave more? How bad? And when does it finally calm down? | euphoria, pretty self explanatory. I know some people will say you cant compare uppers and downers. But I think the initial rush for both of them is just great, heart rate aside, they're somewhat similar I think. Hopefully someone can go into more detail.

Also, as a side note- I have never smoked crack cocaine. I was hoping someone could compare it to IV cocaine in those 3 areas as well.

Thanks so much everyone! Looking forward to hearing what you have to say!

Ok first off, IV cocaine is nothing like IV heroin long term addiction wise.. Heroin will make you physically ill when you stop doing it, and it has an amazing rush, decent legs(lasts pretty long) if its quality shit, and is just a whole nother animal to injecting cocaine long term, there is no comparison plus H is nice and sedating keeps you happy and is less expensive in both the long and short term, seeing as you will possibly spend hundreds of bucks chasing one 10min coke high IV in a matter of hours, but 100 worth of h in most places is going to keep most people good for at least an entire a day, a few days if they aren't heavy users. I used to love mixing the 2 together in one shot, speedballing, as its most commonly called until I had to save my friends life from doing that, with both really good H and really good coke... he put a little too much of one of them in his shot and died! and I had to save his life via CPR. It sucked to have to do that, but it didn't suck as bad as it would've had I not walked into his room when I did and saw him dead in his room on his bed with the rig still in his arm and not been able to save him like I was able to. That right there got me on subs and I never looked back.. ok I did H like once.. since I got on subs for the second time in my life. I was on them before for oxy mainly the first time, then relapsed for about a year doing both pharms and H IV. Anyways back to the topic... IV coke, is fucking amazing the first shot, That rush where you just don't hear anything for like a minute straight(the bell ringer) and makes your whole face go numb then followed by extremely nice euphoria, and energy for about 10 mins 15mins if your lucky... Then its just chasing that same rush/high with the rest of your coke. Its not worth it to do every day long term. I have been there being a daily IV coke user and crack smoker as well. In fact I just made a thread all about how I love and hate crack at the same time on basic drug discussion... Anyways to me smoking crack is a lot like shooting coke, very similar. Except when you smoke hard, you have to do it right or you wont get that incredible bell ringer rush like with IV coke, which for me I only ever get the first hit, unless I am able to space out my hits of crack for hours at a time... but that is hard to do, because like IV coke you just keep wanting more every 5-10 mins, if its really really good crack it might last like 20 mins max, then you will start compulsively taking hit after hit until its gone.. then repeat until all your money is spent.

Word of advice: As curious as you or anyone reading this might be about smoking crack... don't do it! Please... it has had me stuck in a terrible addiction as well as IV coke too sometimes, mostly smoke crack though. It will be very nice if done right, almost just like IV coke, even indentical sometimes, but you have to know what to do as far as holding in the hit long enough, taking a big enough hit, using the right pipe, etc. There are many variables that could make crack either amazing or completely worthless depending on how you do it! It sounds weird to say, but its not like smoking weed out of a bowl or something, not that easy. You have to use a certain technique to get the best high possible from it.

I am currently going on 6+ years of battling cocaine and crack addiction, and again let me say.. it is not worth it, put that shit down while you still can.. I can promise if you IV coke and start doing it everyday and have an ample supply of money, you will fuck your life up like I did mine, struggling to not want that shit everytime I have money. It is a great 10 mins in all, but that's it... 10 mins of bliss is not worth giving your life over to the cocaine demons! trust me! and if you can stop shooting H, I would advise that too, as that led me into just another terrible addiction as well. Amongst other things like benzos and shit. Quit while you still can.. if possible.

Last edited:
Cocaine and heroin are like apples and oranges, it boils down to preference ,rush wise they are both equivalent
In intensity difference is one is up one is down, I believe crack vs IV cocaine is the same also it's a preference choice for people they rival eachothet