• S&T Moderators: VerbalTruist | Skorpio | alasdairm

Technology Dumbphones

Do you have or are you interested in dumbphones?

• Yes

Votes: 6 28.6%
  • No

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • I'm interested

Votes: 8 38.1%
  • I'm not interested

Votes: 2 9.5%

• Total voters
Why are people so worried about an operating system like android being compromised? There's closed source proprietary software on the baseband controller than can be controlled by the telecom without the user having any idea

This applies to smart and dumb phones

There seems to be a return (for millennials mostly) to pre-smartphone-era-style devices (before the iPhone in 2007) to create a boundary and disconnect from the online world.

Do you have or would you get a dumbphone?
No way, I love my phone, I am not much for social media, but having the ability to keep myself entertained, informed and there are so many things my phone could do if I wanted it do. Besides, I keep location off and if want, I could just shut it down. The things my $1,000 + phone can do are amazing and my name is @Jnowhere and I am addicted to my phone. 🤣

For a moment I thought the title referred to non-wireless headphones 🤣

In a sense not Bluetooth enabled headphones could be called dumbphones.

In that regard, I do preferred wired headphones

No way, I love my phone, I am not much for social media, but having the ability to keep myself entertained, informed and there are so many things my phone could do if I wanted it do. Besides, I keep location off and if want, I could just shut it down. The things my $1,000 + phone can do are amazing and my name is @Jnowhere and I am addicted to my phone. 🤣

family guy phone GIF