• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

duloxetine cymbalta

HezzaD

Bluelighter
any experiences been takino for 2 weeks my anxiety has gone down but not sure if take in day or evening as it feels stimulating and should i ask to go on 60mg as it's working but not well should be.
plus does it potentiate opiates since its a cyp2d6 inhibitor

think that;s a question best left to your doctor mate, but maybe leave out the inhibitor part (unless your doctor's chill)..

any experiences been takino for 2 weeks my anxiety has gone down but not sure if take in day or evening as it feels stimulating and should i ask to go on 60mg as it's working but not well should be.
plus does it potentiate opiates since its a cyp2d6 inhibitor

I had massive anxiety problems which Cymbalta helped a lot. I would definitely talk to your doctor about going to 60 mg or even higher if need be. I took 120 mg a day at one time with no real side effects. If the stimulation is preventing you from sleeping then take it in the morning. Breaking it up into twice a day (instead of all at once) can sometimes reduce side effects and won't reduce Cymbalta's effectiveness. That would be for 60 mg, I don't think they make doses lower than 30 mg capsules.

For an opiate potentiator you would want a CYP2D6 inducer not an inhibitor. There are a few meds out there that are CYP2D6 inducers but you won't be able to get your hands on them

Last edited: