View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

DUI Checkpoint nabs 3 drunk drivers and a goat

cybervisionx

Bluelighter
DUI Checkpoint nabs 3 drunk drivers and a goat
June 14, 2010
(http://www.wdbj7.com/global/story.asp?s=12647187)

It was a routine night at a sobriety check point in Bedford County Friday. Until one deputy heard knocking sounds coming from a car trunk.

Bedford County Deputy Allison Key asked the driver, 32-year-old Fiona Ann Enderdy, what was in her trunk. Enderdy replied, "A Goat!" She wasn't lying. Deputy Key had the trunk opened and there thrashing around was a goat, bound at the feet and panting heavily in the sweltering heat. An animal control officer taking part in the DUI Checkpoint said the trunk still registered at 94 degrees even after being open for 10 minutes.

Enderdy told Deputy Key she bought the goat from a farmer as a gift for her four Kenyan passengers who currently live in Lynchburg. She also told the deputy that in the United Kingdom, where Enderdy claimed to be from, that carrying a goat in your trunk is an acceptable practice.

Enderdy, a Washington, D.C. resident, was charged with "Cruelty to an Animal" and released. The goat was given some water and a check up and sent to the Bedford County Pound.

Bedford County authorities stopped a total of 14,906 vehicles between 7:00 p.m. to 11:30 p.m. on June 11. 82 of those turned into arrests or citations. Three of the 82 were DUIs, one was a drug bust and one was the aforementioned goat cruelty case.

The following government agencies participated in the DUI Checkpoint on 460 near the Bedford-Campbell County line: Bedford Police Department, Lynchburg Police Department, Campbell County Sheriff's Office, Amherst County Sheriff's Office and the Virginia State Police.

Ha!

"Doctor, Doctor I feel like a goat".
"How long have you felt like that"?
..... "Since I was a kid".

LOL I bet they were gonna eat the shit out of that goat if it made it home, lucky bastard just avoided the dinner plate!

wow. Out of 14,000+ stops, it resulted in THREE DWI ARRESTS.

HOW FUCKIN EFFICIENT IS THAT?

Great job , guys. :|

These check point things aint nothing but a show of power to LOOK like they are doin something. they aint catchin shit by doin these, its a huge waste of time and man power and durin the time they do these the roads else where is almost totally un watched so mad people who IS drunk and dont take that route can drive around free as a bird....such a waste...

I wonder the percent of that..out of over 14,000, they caught THREE dwi's...one percent would be 140 drivers . 0.1 percent would be 14 drivers. so i think it would be somethin around 0.0025% of the drivers that they stopped actually proved to be the people that they setup the operation to catch. My math aint so good im the firs to admit--i aint shit when it comes to percents and stuff like that, so i aint sure if my numbers are all straight there but its my best estimate....I know that at least up to the 14 drivers being 0.1 percent i am correct, at least, so thats pretty pathetic that they couldnt even manage to get a full one percent ....lame...

Wow, this is the 2nd thread you beat me to it Lacey!

But seriously, 3 DWI arrests? Is that a joke? Just look at how many police agencies were involved in this:

The following government agencies participated in the DUI Checkpoint on 460 near the Bedford-Campbell County line: Bedford Police Department, Lynchburg Police Department, Campbell County Sheriff's Office, Amherst County Sheriff's Office and the Virginia State Police.

I would have to bet that if all of the officers from the 5 different agencies were on normal routine patrol they would have pulled more than 3 DWIs. I mean, it's Friday night lol...

That's a new one for me! I've heard some crazy stories out of DUI checkpoints, but never a hidden goat.3 DUIs out of one checkpoint sounds crazy high to me. A lot of the checkpoints I see only have a handful of tickets in total, and definitely not 3 DUI arrests.

these check points are unconstitutional. check points are unreasonable search and seizure plain as day. i can believe how much of a fucking police state we have become.

these check points are unconstitutional. check points are unreasonable search and seizure plain as day. i can believe how much of a fucking police state we have become.

QFT. I find this use of power to be overstepping the boundaries of serving and protecting the public. I don't feel safer when they have dui checkpoints...I actually feel harassed.