• MDMA &
    Empathogenic
    Drugs

Welcome Guest!
  • MDMA Moderators:

Due to MDMA use, does anyone else hate alcohol on nights out now? (more info)

I used to go out on the weekends when I was younger and drink regularly(never binged though, always one night out on the weekend) but the hangovers were getting intolerable. I would feel seriously poisoned in the morning and be dysfunctional for most of the day, so I quit drinking with any kind of regulalrity. I recently drank several times out of the month due to circumstances but have decided to give it up completely seeing as the high isn't that enjoyable(it never was, but now I have a point for comparison lol) and I can't stand the hangover at all anymore.

Alcohol to me feels physically and mentally toxic, whereas MDMA never felt harsh on my body in any respect and has always left me glowing and positive for days afterwards. It also motivated me to get my life together, and helped me realize what professional direction I want to take in life. I am now back in uni and doing better than ever, I find my thoughts are much clearer and I no longer suffer from anxieties and insecurities that used to wear me out.

So yeah, I would take a fun, sociable, energetic and overwhelmingly euphoric high with a side of existentialism over a toxic, embarrassing and vacuous mess any day.

If anything, the inability to use MDMA more often than once in a few months is good way to stay sober and focused instead of partying too much.

Last edited:
Like a lot of people are saying that's how I felt after trying pretty much any drug. First time I smoked weed it blew my mind, first time I got drunk it was more of a novelty. Lost it's magic for me when I was 17 (started at 15) then college rolled around lol. I mostly drink/drank because of the social acceptability/availability of alcohol. When your in college it's pretty much impossible to have a social life and not be a semi booze hound. I know what your saying tho, had kind of douche bag elitist drug moment in college. I was high on MDMA these drunk girls came in the room talking like cavemen and slurring their words. I honestly felt bad for them (not in a condescending way, I was on M all empathetic lol) I realized M was pretty much the shit at that moment lol.

Drank last night for the first time in like a month, say I wont do it (cause its really just a waste of time in comparison to drugs that interest me more) but hey it was available so I had some lol. But ya I couldn't give less of a shit about booze its just they are there, you know? Also in between jobs, shit's cheap to boot.

Ya at the end of the day I just wish all these friends did a bunch of illegal drugs instead of drinking as the norm lol. I also REALLY hate the hypocritical attitude towards drinking and people thinking its somehow less of a drug than others because of its legality and tradition.

I used to go out on the weekends when I was younger and drink regularly(never binged though, always one night out on the weekend) but the hangovers were getting intolerable. I would feel seriously poisoned in the morning and be dysfunctional for most of the day, so I quit drinking with any kind of regulalrity. I recently drank several times out of the month due to circumstances but have decided to give it up completely seeing as the high isn't that enjoyable(it never was, but now I have a point for comparison lol) and I can't stand the hangover at all anymore.

Alcohol to me feels physically and mentally toxic, whereas MDMA never felt harsh on my body in any respect and has always left me glowing and positive for days afterwards. It also motivated me to get my life together, and helped me realize what professional direction I want to take in life. I am now back in uni and doing better than ever, I find my thoughts are much clearer and I no longer suffer from anxieties and insecurities that used to wear me out.

So yeah, I would take a fun, sociable, energetic and overwhelmingly euphoric high with a side of existentialism over a toxic, embarrassing and vacuous mess any day.

If anything, the inability to use MDMA more often than once in a few months is good way to stay sober and focused instead of partying too much.

That's exactly like me. I love MDMA so much, it's such a great drug...not just because I like the effects but it's like feeding your soul warm chicken soup. It just sets me right on track and gives me that fire I need to go through life with positivity and purpose. I've abstained for 2-3 years now and the feeling is just starting to wane, it always has massive profound and positive effects on me, I also like the fact it's very sobering compared to psychedelics which can feel very 'out there'. I just feel I'm doing the right thing when I take MDMA. Always.

It certainly put me off it for a while... Getting back into drinking more now though now I'm in an environment where it's a big part of the culture though. I think what I've learned is that it has its place. It's great socially, a nice gradual social drunkeness that you slip into is graet, and I am starting to enjoy going out on it now again. Obviously it's nothing compared to MDMA, but it's still fun, and my hangovers aren't so bad that it puts me off. The reasons I stopped liking it was because I usually have to drink so much I get memory loss to enjoy your typical nights out, otherwise I just get depressed and kinda wanna go home. It made me think, what's the point if I can't even remember the good parts of the night? As a result I've had quite a few negative experiences, not socially but more just injuring myself and losing things, or missing things the next day.

When I'm on MDMA, I usually just pity disgustingly drunk people, because they can't comprehend anything and make twats out of themselves. But also think it makes a different if the company you're with is also as drunk as you or not. Also, bombing MD is just so much less effort than drinking loads and forcing disgusting spirits down your neck.

TL:DR Alchohol is definitely inferior to MDMA, but has it's place, don't get me wrong

Edit: Also... I don't like mixing either... taken MD whilst blind drunk and it dulled the euphoria significantly, just got standard MD visuals for a short time and then it wore off. Might have just got ripped off though lol, and never taken them in the opposite order. But having a few beers on MD is just the nicest thing ever... even cheap piss tastes great!

I went out recently for the first time in months to the place I used to roll at and due to avoiding MDMA completely this year I drank... suffice to say it was not as fun as MDMA.

Still, going out and drinking can be just as much fun, it's not all so much about what your on but rather who your with and where you are that will decide how your night pans out.

I like to have a beer or two at most while at home relaxing. I hardly drink etoh. I don't do MDMA anymore either. I just really like psychedelics and all the lights and colors. Don't get much deep and meaningful insights, maybe I've done to much? I'm sure I have...

When I had first turned 18, the legal drinking age in Canada, I drank a lot with my friends. I honestly feel as though I enjoyed the act of drinking more so than the effects of alcohol, which I've come to realize after doing MDMA. I don't drink anymore and I've actually grown to dislike it; I don't like its effects, how its socially accepted over other drugs, and how most people act on it.

Low dose 2C-B, LSD, and other psychedelics make for a much better, more socially fulfilling time in my opinion.

I honestly feel as though I enjoyed the act of drinking more so than the effects of alcohol, which I've come to realize after doing MDMA. I don't drink anymore and I've actually grown to dislike it; I don't like its effects, how its socially accepted over other drugs, and how most people act on it.

Yeah it's more the social convention of sharing a drink, almost like socially smoking when your out if someone offers.

I agree the act itself (going out to a bar) is more fun than the effects... But dude the drinking age isn't 18 lol your from Quebec I assume? It's 19 for everyone else.

Alcohol honestly disgusts me, yet I still drink it occasionally. Toxicity, violence, vomit and piss, thats alcohol. Its only advantage over mdma is you can binge, but then there's speed.
GHB on the other hand..

I agree the act itself (going out to a bar) is more fun than the effects... But dude the drinking age isn't 18 lol your from Quebec I assume? It's 19 for everyone else.
Depends on country of residence I guess. It's 18 in this fair country. I agree with Zalo's opinion re: psychedelics...

Alberta, Manitoba, and Quebec's legal drinking age is 18, and every other province is 19. I was actually ignorant of that fact until today.