• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Dubai: Two men get life sentences for possessing 4.6 grams of cannabis

Bluelight Crew
http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/.../courtroundup_July19.xml&section=courtroundup

A student and a restaurant manager have each been sentenced to life in prison for possessing marijuana which they intended to sell.

The 23-year-old Australian student, F.B., and the 34-year-old British manager, M.A., were arrested in December last year on the charge of possessing marijuana for trafficking.

A Singaporean company manager, A.R., 28, has been sentenced to five years in prison in the same case and ordered to pay a fine of Dh20,000 for facilitating the use of drugs by F.B. The Court of First Instance ordered that all of them be deported after serving their time in prison.

According to prosecution records, 4.1 grams of marijuana were seized from F.B. which he possessed for selling and 0.5 gram which he possessed for his own personal use. The urine sample of all defendants contained traces of hashish as per the Crime Lab reports.

A police major in the Anti-Narcotics Department of the Dubai Police said they received reliable information that F.B. was about to sell a quantity of drugs for Dh2,000 to one of their informants in Al Rafaa area.

F.B. was arrested around 11.15pm on December 11 last year after he sold the drugs to the police informant in a parking lot near a hotel apartment building in Al Rafaa. He voluntarily admitted that he sold it for Dh2,000.

He told the police that he got the drugs from the other two defendants. The police raided their flat around 1.30am on December 12.

When the police asked A.R. from where he got the drugs, M.A. intervened and said he smuggled it when he entered the UAE. Two quantities of marijuana weighing one gram and 0.5 gram were seized from A.R. and M.A. The verdict can be appealed within 15 days.

http://www.khaleejtimes.com/nation/.../courtroundup_July19.xml&section=courtroundup

Wow...so they are leving life but can be deported after their time is served? So what they send the corpses home? I hope these poor guys are just sent home. This is insnae, slightly more than an 8th too.

That in Saudi?

How terrible....why take that risk knowing how they are there though?

Shit like this is why I will never go there. I really feel for addicts living under such oppressive rule.

isn't this in the country that has so many plants growing in the wild they have to destroy them by the thousand just to clear roads?

Wow. i hope the appeal goes ok. BUt still sounds like they are going to do ALOT of time either way. Way to ruin your life. That sentence seems so insane, but that's their laws for you. I dont think I'd go there either, and if I did i'd stick to drinking, but I'd always be paranoid of being set up.

Wow. i hope the appeal goes ok. BUt still sounds like they are going to do ALOT of time either way. Way to ruin your life. That sentence seems so insane, but that's their laws for you. I dont think I'd go there either, and if I did i'd stick to drinking, but I'd always be paranoid of being set up.

Don't you go to Indonesia?

Yeah I've been there a few times, at least shrooms are legal there, you can buy shroom milkshakes in quite a few clubs/bars. One of my first trips over there a group of us went after finishing high school and we had shrooms and got drunk alot, most of us said we wouldnt touch other drugs whilst there for the 8 days or however long it was (even though we were all pretty heavy cannabis and mdma and lsd fiends) ANYWAY, one of the guys in our group came back to our hotel and proudly told us all he had scored some hash, most of us were like WTF, you idiot.
One of my friends called over for me to come and have a look at it (the hash) and it was the full inside of a box of matches, I dunno what weight, seemed like a decent block though, we were looking at it and smelling it and pretty quickly we worked out it wasnt hash, but some other black shit. Lucky the guy just got scammed and not set up tho really.

The times I've had shrooms over there has been amazing tho, I'd nearly go back just for that experience. There's loads to do there without worrying about pot. Warm ocean (although it's getting to be really dirty and polluted now I've read) and forests and wicked food and culture, temples and crazy monkeys all sorts of shit.

Fuck going to Dubai if you're addicted to anything. Even if you're prescribed medicine, make sure you don't even stop over there on your way somewhere else.

Yeah i refuse to spend my dollars in such a backwards place. I bet the one giy feels like an ass snitch on your boys and still get life in prison.