• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drugs to build powerful habits

famdy

Greenlighter
I am reading this wonderful book of Charles Duhigg, "The Power of Habit: Why We Do What We Do in Life and Business". The most interesting part of the book is that to build a habit you need to have three parts: Cue, Routine and Reward.
I was thinking that using a feel-good drug as a cue will also serve the purpose of reward. Thus I can develop any routine I want as a habit.
for example, I have problems with exercise. I never managed to exercise for longer than 3 months ever before quitting. If I incorporated such a powerful method in my arsenal, I am pretty sure I will get addicted (literally) to exercise.
So what do you think? what kind of drugs that can work for this? The most important consideration is its safety. The addiction needs to be associated with the routine and not with the drug.

Horrible idea. You will be completely reliant on your drug of choice to do said activity. You need to find a way to do this without relying on any substance.

I am not looking for addictive drug. I want a subtle one. so far here is two drugs that I found interesting: 1. Theanine + Caffiene: this is pretty safe supplement and frequently used for pre-workout. Theanine is known for well-being effects and caffiene for stimulation. Also Theanine remove the jitterness from the experience. It's a large stretch to call it a drug. 2. Cabergoline: now this is interesting. this drug is a dopamine antagonist. It has reports in the News for causing pathological gambling in its users. The drug is mainly used for Parkinson disease but also used to reduce Prolactin. It has the very good side effect of allowing multiple orgasms in males but also has a very bad effect (7x heart valve damage). Similar drug is Permax. any one has experience with any of those?

weed, im not kidding, in the interest of harm reduction AND getting you feeling great, and healthier, that would be your best choice, please dont do any of your other choices, they will all cause damage if used daily probaly

Opiates feel the best just don't do then often so u don't get addicted if your looking for suggestions

Cabergoline: now this is interesting. this drug is a dopamine antagonist. It has reports in the News for causing pathological gambling in its users. The drug is mainly used for Parkinson disease

wrong, this is an agonist, not an antagonist