• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drugs that you consider drugs of "Desperation" opinion discussion

oreocub

Bluelighter
Like the title says, what do you guys consider drugs of consideration to get high off when you can't access harder or better drugs.
Most of these drugs produce a buzz or high that may be unpleasant. Some of these drugs can be considered pleasent for others and may over the counter, legal, etc.

Drugs that I consider drugs of desperation or easy access.

-DXM (somewhat popular imo)
-Nutmeg
-Cigs
-Seroquel
-Sleeping meds
-High doses of gabapentin (enjoyable imo)
-Poppy seed tea
-N2O from whip-cream canisters etc
-Derliants
-Kratom
-Research chemicals?
-Deliriants (datura, dph, etc)

Opinions on these and other drugs not listed?

I personally disagree with a few of those. All drugs affect people differently. Dxm gave me the most intense euphoria imaginable, like a level of euphoria that makes opiates look like a joke. But then I developed a tolerance and now it's shit. Cigs also give me a HUGE rush and a nice sort of high after that, they get me higher than weed to be honest, but I don't think that's a common effect. Sleeping pills-depends what kind. Ambien is the shit, one of the most recreational drugs for me, ever. Poppy seed tea is good for the sole fact that it lasts so long. I could never understand how anyone enjoys deliriants though. I'd add Salvia to the list too, even though it's intense, it's not enjoyable for most. But not counting the drugs that actually tend to be a negative experience, like deliriants, alcohol is my desperation drug. Never been a huge fan, but it's always available.

loperamide (to get high off of, not for wd), diphenhydramine, and psuedoephedrine

Good god I cant imagine using seroquel to get high or in a recreational way..

Wow people use pseudoephedrine or loperamide(lol) to get high? Wtf

Kratom gives many folks so very pleasant high so it doesn't fit..

Gabapentin kind of fits in this category..it can give you a good high for the first few days but even then it's loaded with side effects..not worth it imo

-DXM (somewhat popular imo)
-Nutmeg
-Cigs
-Seroquel
-Sleeping meds
-High doses of gabapentin (enjoyable imo)
-Poppy seed tea
-N2O from whip-cream canisters etc
-Derliants
-Kratom
-Research chemicals?
-Deliriants (datura, dph, etc)

Opinions on these and other drugs not listed?

dxm , research chemicals like etizolam (Benzo), Kratom, and poppy seed tea , I find very enjoyable , I agree with all the other ones you listed for being in desperation . Deleriants in my opinion are shit and really not fun or enjoyable what so ever .

How about muscle relaxers,many people try to get something from them but they offer nothing but tiredness. Soma might be the exception for muscle relaxers but it's still a low level shortly lived buzz!

The problem with trying to do things like this is it is all opinion. Sure we will all probably agree that somethings can be viewed as "used just because they are easy and undetectable" kind of like synthetic marijuana but then again there will always exist a part of the population that fully enjoys that experience. There are far too many people using drugs that there are 0 people using any one substance just because of its availability. So sure we can all say that "substance X is used in this manner" but if of one person doesnt feel that way they will disagree and discredit your opinion.

I for one absolutely love nitrous as the spice you add to make your original experience that much better. I would fully 100% disagree with you putting it into a "desperation" category as it is an additive for every experience and it is not something i use "just to get high because i can" in fact it is often rare i will plan ahead and get it in time for the date and sunday whilst candy flipping the 7 year old cracker finally failed and it was hilarious not upsetting... kind of the opposite of a desperate moment. To elaborate i finally did plan to get 4 24 packs for my younger brother and i after a show both of us tripping and me candy flipping we spent hours literally hours *trying* to do nitrous. We were joking about how we were more machine workers tehn drugs users trying to operate this cartridge testing equipment and having it fail; drug users do drugs machinists try to operate machinery and as we werent doing drugs we were factory workers... for hours. It was purely hilarious and then afterwards since nitrous is fleeting and using a cracker can hurt the hands it ended with not feeling high and my hands hurting, like the nitrous was over anyway. So funny we were laughing for hours... that is not a desperate moment at all :)

It's so situational, even in myself.
I could be taking DXM because I really need an escape for the night, and that's all I can get my hands on atm, or more likely I've been thinking about it for a week or two and I'm curious about a combo...

I agree with szuko, everyone has its own opinion about it.
When I was younger we used Ether to get high. We had access to an University lab we could get in.
We smelled like hospital for days. That was pretty desperate.

Jimson weed, aka "Moon Pods". When I was in high school, this was the last resort when we couldn't even find weed.

I agree with szuko, everyone has its own opinion about it.
When I was younger we used Ether to get high. We had access to an University lab we could get in.
We smelled like hospital for days. That was pretty desperate.

Damn, what made u want to get high on ether?were you that bored, curiosity or what?i know several other guys that got high on ether, seems like such a nasty, dangerous high..blegh

How about muscle relaxers,many people try to get something from them but they offer nothing but tiredness. Soma might be the exception for muscle relaxers but it's still a low level shortly lived buzz!

Agreed I remember taking somas and just waiting for the high to take effect..all I felt was my muscles relax and I got tired..if anything, it kind of flattened my mood out

I think I speak for many when I say I'm gonna get 'high' off whatever I can if I can't my DOC's. Led to many regrettable decisions but that doesn't mean it won't happen again.

People you do realise you can't get high off lope and high doses are dangerous

^^not trying to sound high and mighty but if I can't find my DOC im not going to resort to loperamide or high doses of NyQuil to get me a buzz..lol

I agree with most of those, but not all. Kratom gives people a pleasant high, poppy seed tea is great for avoiding withdrawals, I've heard dxm is great and wish to try it soon (not desperate, I can obtain other psychsdelics just as easily), and Etizolam I find very enjoyable as well as insanely useful as an anxiolytic. It's considered a research chemical in some places like the US, but is a prescription benzo in other countries as well.

A lot of this is all opinion though, and everyone will have different views sure. Me, for example, alcohol is my personal desperation drug. I was never a fan of drinking, but when I couldn't get anything else it had to do.

I can only think of one other drug that you haven't listed that I'd consider a desperation drug, which is Jenkem. No way in hell I'd ever try it, but I guess some people are that desperate.

Last edited:
I wouldn't try to get high off of lope, I mean for one you can't anyway but I would take it for WD