• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drugs that prevent dreams or nightmares?

mauve

Bluelighter
Is there any drugs out there that prevents or suppresses rem stage sleep, or the dream stage of sleep? I'm constantly having vivid dreams and nightmares

In my experience...

Cannabis and GABAergics (alcohol, benzos, GHB, etc).

The problem is that when coming off these drugs, the nightmares come back even worse.

I would say cannabis, if you can tolerate it, is a pretty safe bet. It completely eliminates dreams for me.

i thought it was healthy to go into REM sleep.

all i know is i smoke a ton of weed and it doesn't stop me from dreaming at all. i thought it was because i'm schizophrenic maybe, but i was reading recently that schizophrenics often have less dreams. weird stuff. i really want to get into some sleep study where i can smoke marijuana through out the day to see what's going on with my brain cause i dream A LOT.

i thought it was healthy to go into REM sleep.

all i know is i smoke a ton of weed and it doesn't stop me from dreaming at all. i thought it was because i'm schizophrenic maybe, but i was reading recently that schizophrenics often have less dreams. weird stuff. i really want to get into some sleep study where i can smoke marijuana through out the day to see what's going on with my brain cause i dream A LOT.
OMG my dreams are crazy, extremely vivid, I can recall what I dreamt yesterday and at least nightmares a couple times a week where I wake up like my brain has just been raped

I am tapering diazepam so it's probably got something to do with the process. I just want a night of nothing just pure oblivion, you know that kind of sleep where you falls asleep and wake up a minute later and nothing in between.

I may try a strong indica 🌿 before Benzos, the herb used to give me the best sleep ever without a hangover

OMG my dreams are crazy, extremely vivid, I can recall what I dreamt yesterday and at least nightmares a couple times a week where I wake up like my brain has just been raped
yeah. i wake up from dreams sometimes and my blood pressure can be pretty wild. i can't imagine it being healthy... it's not every time i dream. but i probably wake up a couple nights a week with my heart beating out of control.

i just googled "meds to stop a person from dreaming" and it looks like they are mostly anti-psychotics. i'm unfamiliar with some of them... usually when i'm on anti-psychotics my dreaming doesn't slow down much either.

Raw opium give u dreams but very pleasant ones. Last time I took it I had a very nice chat with my dad, despite the fact that he was kinda already dead at the time...not sure whether I ld recommend it though ( even if it s way " better" than other opis). @mauve have u tried Kava Kava?