• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos drugs that help get off klonopin/clonazepam

zagor11

Bluelighter
I saw my shrink for first time end of November before he went to holidays and he said in his 30 years long career he never managed to get anyone off klonopin.

I just did some googling and I read that gabapentin can help taper off benzos, in my case klonopin.

I have been on it for at least 15 years for GAD. I do not wanna get off completely. I wanna get down to 2 mg. I have been using various doses in the past. Sometimes I would pop 12 mg. Last 10 days i was using 4 mg ONCE per day for 10 days but anxiety was too bad so I took 8 mg last 3 days once per day.

I could say I am OK on 6 mg once per day.

The reason I wanna go down is I wanna switch from oxy to mdone.

Besides gabapentin, what other drugs can help taper off klonopin fast. When I say fast I don't mean like real fast but reasonably fast.

Thanks a lot.

ashton manual

have him or another one read it and follow it

lots of people have gone of long term benzos or at least greatly reduced their doses

Going fast is not an option. Your on a high dose for a long time. It's going to take quite awhile to taper you down safely. I don't feel qualified to even guess at a time frame it schedule. Just don't let anyone talk you into going fast

ashton manual? cj no one can talk me into rapid withdrawal because my body can take only so much. But I was asking about pills that help tapering. Also I forgot to mention Im weaning off 300 mg oxycodone as well.

That is the source of my depression and anxiety. Oxy and kpin are making me severely depressed and anxious but the problem is when I start weaning off it gets worse. Very tough situation. I have read on this website and many others that gabapentin helps with withdrawal but it doesn't explain how to use it. There may be other pill as well that can help. I heard of clonidine but IDK it's function.

I don't care if it takes me a bit longer than I wish to I cannot taper for a year with severe depression.

There must be someone who been in my shoes.

Cheers

Clonodine is a blood pressure med which can help with opiate withdrawals but in my opinion it did very little. As far as benzo withdrawals go you would have to lower your Klonopin dose and then probably switch to Valium and then lower that until it’s at a point where you can get off all this will probably take years.
I see this post was made about a year ago so I hope you’re all right and things start looking up for you. Best wishes