• Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Drugs Smuggled US to Australia inside Kids Lollies

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Horrific Find Inside Kids’ Lollies

Three men have been arrested after border force officials found ice and cocaine hidden inside lollipops and lollies that arrived from the United States. Border force intercepted three packages in November before notifying police who launched an investigation alongside the Department of Home Affairs and US law enforcement.

Not sure which pisses me off more:
  • The fact that they found them.
  • The fact that the stuff was uncut.
  • The sensationalist headline.
In assessing the above: I think it's the headline! I don't know what Crystal Meth. tastes like. But no kid would take more than one lick of the Cocaine lollies and not go running screaming "mommy, mommy, this doesn't taste like vanilla or ice cream and I cannot feel my tongue"! 😇 So let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

Unless of course the stuff was actually inside of a legit candy coating much like those lollies that contain sherbet in a central cavity?

Either way the details would be interesting though. Assuming no central cavity then what was the stuff bound together with in order to ensure that it didn't crack or disintegrate, keep its shape and which looks super legit in the pics. even to the point of having that manufacturing ring or flaw around the middle, and didn't contaminate the product. And if the stuff was indeed inside a central cavity: pretty shaky ground given the not too dissimilar melting points of sugar, Crystal Meth., and Cocaine HCL. Unless a cold process? Or unless a hack job i.e. carefully cut open, sherbet removed, product inserted, and then glued together again (in which case: oh well shit happens).

What can I say. I have an inquiring and analytical mind. Nothing more. 😇 So no need now for anyone to go smashing open every lollipop imported into the country.

Interesting though that they had the foresight, patience, and restraint to wait for multiple deliveries to different addresses over a period before pouncing.

For the record: I probably wouldn't have found this quite so amusing had they been made up of, or contained, Fentanyl (thought I'd better make mention of this lest I be accused of being a heartless and uncaring individual)! 🤣

Not sure which pisses me off more:
  • The fact that they found them.
  • The fact that the stuff was uncut.
  • The sensationalist headline.
In assessing the above: I think it's the headline! I don't know what Crystal Meth. tastes like. But no kid would take more than one lick of the Cocaine lollies and not go running screaming "mommy, mommy, this doesn't taste like vanilla or ice cream and I cannot feel my tongue"! 😇 So let's not get ahead of ourselves here!

I can assure you crystal meth does not taste like candy. ;)

If memory serves it tastes really bitter, similar to heroin.

Keep in mind though we're talking about pure drugs and children. It wouldn't take very much being ingested to put them at risk.

I can assure you crystal meth does not taste like candy. ;)

If memory serves it tastes really bitter, similar to heroin.

Keep in mind though we're talking about pure drugs and children. It wouldn't take very much being ingested to put them at risk.
Yes. It's "horrific"

I can assure you those were the most carefully tracked sweeties on the planet (by all parties concerned it would seem).

Mind you. Why does memory recall a mum somewhere (in the USA?) opening a tin of baby formula, noticing it didn't smell or taste quite right, taking it back to the shop, only to then find out they had a few tins of Cocaine HCL on the shelves! Oh the luck! 😭