• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drugs like alcohol/ethanol?

C0MPAQ

Bluelighter
So ... my complaint about alcohol: half-life is too long plus its damaging to your whole system. Neurotoxic etc. Tar stool and all that fuckup.

Now... OF COURSE there is GBL/BDO/GHB ... but ... what the fuck? You can dose those 20 fold as insane, and about as likely to end up in a hospital for no other reason than GOING NUTS from overdose.

So you see, this kind of brute force downer quality, paired with less dangers, paired with more confused displesant I-want-to-sleep-now shit is what I want? Klonopins? You got to be kidding me! 1 week of Klonopin, I am shitting my pants off withdrawals. I week of drinking, I am glad to stop it. You see? Some drug that works, but it doesn't work too well. Some drug that's fucking, but its only fucking as much.

Baclofen? Fuck that. Nice REPLACEMENT DRUG. But its just that, yet another shit of abuse, superior in every way but doing less of it.

Advice appreciated.

Theres phenibut, but thats really similar to baclofen. Your best option would be something like gabapentin or pregabalin, but both of these are actually addictive, even though everyone says that theyre not, so watch yourself

Nice response! Gabapentin vs. pregabalin, what's the big difference?

OP, we're not here to advise you on how to get high or the best drugs to take to achieve your desired effect. If you have a specific question regarding the safety of drugs that you are using or intend to use, we will definitely help you out with that.

Kirkland, I'm sorry, but your comment regarding Gabapentin dependency/withdrawal is inaccurate. Withdrawal from Gabapentin, just like from Pregabalin can actually be quite severe and debilitating.

Try kava. It's legal and safer than weed. It's really weak, but I mean it's completely harmless unless you take it daily for more than 3 months, which would cause liver damage, so I mean it's worth a try. If you like it but want it to be stronger, buy kava capsules. They won't get you high by taking them normally, but if you open them up and let it sit in your mouth for 10 minutes or so it'll be like 5 times stronger than taking the root. Get the ones that have like a brown gel in them, the powder caps will like burn your mouth. Benzos are a stronger alternative to alcohol with less short term unpleasant side effects, but I mean they're really addictive and have horrible withdrawal, so I wouldn't recommend it. No benzo is stronger than another, so if you had a problem with klonopin you'll have a problem with everything else

I've never heard of Baclofen, but I share your hatred for Big Al. He's destroyed my life so many times I've lost track. However, I strongly disagree with your view on benzos. Xanax kept me from drinking for four years and had NO bad side effects aside from constant increase in dosage due to tolerance. Alcohol led me to the hospital multiple times (my highest BAC ever was .43 and I'm very lucky I didn't die). Alcohol also caused me to urinate, masturbate and vomit in inappropriate places and say horrible, mean, heartless things to people I love. Xanax did none of these things. I know it's a little ridiculous to keep "upping the ante" indefinitely, but I'd rather eat 3,000 Xanax a day than drink and have my life destroyed. I never faced benzo withdrawal because, as soon as my doc cut me off for constant begging of increased dosage, I started drinking... literally the same day my last scrip ran out. I admit I'm still a morning-till-night drinker and do it everyday, but it is what it is.

Try kava. It's legal and safer than weed

are you 100% sure that kava kava is safer than weed? i know there was some concerns about hepatoxicity if you were to use the any other part of the plant thn the root.
just wondering.

I've never heard of Baclofen, but I share your hatred for Big Al. He's destroyed my life so many times I've lost track. However, I strongly disagree with your view on benzos. Xanax kept me from drinking for four years and had NO bad side effects aside from constant increase in dosage due to tolerance.

oh, Big Al is ALCOHOL!
I thought you were saying Xanax ruined you life, cause, you know, Alprazolam.
You got too many Al's in your life aha
glad you didn't end up dependent on Xanax too mate but trust me, if you ever did have to go through them you;d understand why benzos get such a bad rep.
was worse than heroin wd'sfor me