Study Hall Drugs and Studying Math (Neuroplasticity)

Figure out how you learn.. what's natural. So for me I was able to understand calc when it was presented in a physics context. It brought "real life" into the mathematics, and that made the math graspable for me.

for me if I read it as a C++ library I understand it pretty much off the bat as its stepped out in logic code rather than math symbols.

it also allows you to see how the math would be used in the real world much like neversickanymore finds easier to learn from.

A significant number, perhaps even the majority, of well-known mathematicians in the 20th century used amphetamine. They even campaigned against making amphetamine a Schedule II controlled substance. It definitely helps with math, but the evidence is less clear for other fields. The number of mathematical advancements really took a dive in the 1970s and 1980s until fast computers became more commonplace.
I know Erdős did, but who else has documented amphetamine use ?

Well, what is should do in youre situation is learn how to transfer algebra(?) to the real world situations. There exist books about that, so you can praktice mathmethics when you take a walk outside. How cool is that?

I know a story from a man that write papers with mathmethics in it, on amphethamine. When you try to sleep, he takes a benzo. But what happend on the long road, is that he becaume feel empty. Even when he was on amphetamine!

EVerybody knows Freud and that he was on cocaine. But what he was doing, is storytelling. The rich from classes eight, knows everything about humans. They keep that secret from everybody. Freud is just someone who try's to be interessting.

Learning and psychedelics; dont... Because, after the psychedelic experience, you need to take rest. The way back is for reconstruction, and that can be a long road. If you want to be a good learner; sleep good, after 19:00hour no computer/tv time, take a relaxing bath, eat unprocessed foods, and dont learn only mathmethics out of books. Find people who you can explain things to, with role play and show them how you think it is. That is a very good way to learn a subject. You only need a field full of people. Dont find it out yourself, do it with other people.

I know Erdős did, but who else has documented amphetamine use ?

I do admit, he is the only one I know off hand. Though he is a pretty famous dude. I'd have to research it again.

But I will say that my job requires fairly high-level economics models and particularly statistical models. For me at least, amphetamine makes it much easier to get such work done, but not at the doses I was taking before to work 18-hour days.

In other economics/finance jobs in NYC, amphetamine use is widespread for similar reasons. I've heard from older guys that before it was scheduled, it was even more widely used in the 1950s and 1960s.

But there is clearly a global resistance to use of drugs for improving quality of life. I've tried to pull back from politics these days, so normally I would research this, but I'll just get pissed off. Our medical system and attitude towards drugs now nearly 2.5 years after covid is just shocking.

I'd search PubMed for even a study on math performance in college students. Google has started to really suck and any time you search for "amphetamine" it's a sea of rehab centers and dumb sites like webmd.

Not exactly...
But maybe it could be used to replace the light boost that nicotine users are accustomed to. Wellbutrin blocks the nicotinic receptors, so it would be a better fit.
What about Phneibut ?

I'm not sure where to post this, but NPD felt appropriate because it's where the high level science people tend to hang out.

In my current degree, I am being faced with a lifelong fear... mathematics. I have to take the plunge and learn calculus, physics, etc. I have avoided math forever but now I can't. I've watched some great videos online that didn't exist when I was younger, that visually detail why calculus is cool, etc. I will be able to study at my own pace, online, and not have to attend classes, so I can choose my learning format.

But learning other languages gets harder with age. I'm wondering if there are useful mind-altering substances out there that can increase neuroplasticity for learning this stuff? I can learn just about anything if there is interest, but this is going to be hard. The problem with most highs, I find, is that logic becomes impossible... or a different kind of logic takes over.

Advice would be appreciated. I want to do well by having a fluid mind. However I hope to improve my skills and grades without some other help. I found some good educational resources that provide a lot of useful and understandable information. Also, from time to time, I use the help of https://assignmentbro.com/ca/econometrics-assignment-help because sometimes tasks can be very hard. And I'm stuck for a long time with no progress, so such professional assistance helps me out. But I will continue working hard and hope it will all be okay.

Oh, I understand you so well. When I started learning math in university, I was surprised that it was so complicated for me. I've been doing my best, but still, I face a lot of difficulties. And you know, I think there is no magic pill that can help. Maybe something helps with focusing, like nicotine or caffeine, but I prefer not to use anything.
Try to have a proper daily routine and enough sleeping hours ( it's very important when you sleep not enough it's hard to get through the day, not talk about studying).
I also have something like studying sessions with my groupmates, where we discuss and try to understand something together. Such team work is great because when you can talk about something you don't understand fully, you can come across a new perspective and finally get everything.

Last edited:
I wonder if semax and selank might be helpful. I've had an interest in them lately but I have yet to try them. Seen some good reports and they sound fairly effective but almost all of the research is in Russian so it isn't super easy to read about them

Khan Academy is good too.

I don't have much to contribute as far as math, but I can back this up - Khan Academy is an invaluable free educational resource. Salman Khan is a more or less bottomless well of knowledge on any subject, and his video series break down every topic in an easy to understand way. Dude is a genius AND an excellent teacher - and that's rare.