• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug use with heart monitor & blood pressure monitor?

raquisha

Greenlighter

Hey so I?ve recently gotten a blood pressure monitor and heart monitor attached to me to keep an eye on my heart throughout the week. I?m supposed to write down when I go to bed, workout, wake up, etc. What I?m wondering is this, can I do drugs with it? I was likely gonna do some weed at night or heroin (ain?t gonna IV if I do I?ll either smoke or snort). I know that both heroin and weed lower blood pressure, although weed increases heart rate while heroin lowers it. Should I refrain from using both? Should I just do weed and leave heroin? Should I say I?m doing drugs? I?m pretty dependent on them for sleep at this point so it would be cool if I could somehow get it in, even just weed would be good. Thanks for any replies

If your doctor knows you smoke weed, that's one thing because lots of people use it medicinally. My heart rate goes up considerably after smoking. Also, your test results will be different in a heroin withdrawal situation. I'm not comfortable in advising you which drugs to take or quit but if you have heart problems, you may want to evaluate your drug use. Try looking into a different sleep aid other than heroin once this is over with. It's your call ultimately.

My doctor knows I smoke pot and he agrees it can be helpful so I feel like that won’t be as bad. Although in terms of heroin yeah it may not be a good idea for now, I mainly do that just to have a chill night. I’m not physically addicted or anything to it at all, just a side thing I do it doesn’t get in the way of anything for me

If this heart monitor is being used to determine the status of your health because your doctor is concerned then i'd say just stop using drugs for the time you have it on.

If they see some abnormality on that machine because you used drugs the doctors might see it as a sign something is wrong and if you are trying to solve a medical question then that's only going to confuse your doctors and prolong your diagnosis.