• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug use in pregnancy

emars1015

Greenlighter
I'm looking for people who have had actual experiences. I'm currently 15 weeks pregnant and because I have a history of substance abuse my ob/gyn drug tested me and found cocaine metabolite in my system. What will happen? Will they notify child protective services?

I don't know your country but they should. Get yourself clean so the life you are carrying has a chance at a healthy existence.
How far along are you? Do you plan to raise a baby with a coke habit?

I don't know your country but they should. Get yourself clean so the life you are carrying has a chance at a healthy existence.
How far along are you? Do you plan to raise a baby with a coke habit?
15 weeks, I used before I knew I was pregnant. I dont have a habit.

They test you when you go in to give birth and they test baby . If you and or baby is positive at that point cps is called . They can also test placenta and placenta can retain drug “evidence “ from months before .
Since you tested positive on initial screen they may test again during pregnancy and prob made a note in Your chart . They mostly do it because of opioid epidemic so they know if they have to deal with a withdrawing baby .
I was hooked on oxy when I first got pregnant but I slowly tapered off and had a clean screen at first app and at birth .

They test you when you go in to give birth and they test baby . If you and or baby is positive at that point cps is called . They can also test placenta and placenta can retain drug “evidence “ from months before .
Since you tested positive on initial screen they may test again during pregnancy and prob made a note in Your chart . They mostly do it because of opioid epidemic so they know if they have to deal with a withdrawing baby .
I was hooked on oxy when I first got pregnant but I slowly tapered off and had a clean screen at first app and at birth .
So as long as my next screen is clean I should be good?

So as long as my next screen is clean I should be good?
Yes your next screen and the day you give birth as well. That way you can say the first test was positive because you didn’t realize you was pregnant yet.

Depends where you are, but wherever that is you can almost guarantee you’ve been ‘flagged’ at the very least. Most doctors all over the world would be bound by mandatory reporting laws these days.

In some states of the US, you’d now be subject to continued testing throughout your pregnancy to show you can clean up and that might be the end of it. But in other states, you’ll also be monitored closely for the babies first 12 months as well.

I’m in Australia. We hear loads of conflicting info about what constitutes a bad enough situation to warrant removal of a child, and I’ve seen kids taken for next to nothing (a lady I followed on fb had her disabled son removed from her care and had to fight for 2 years to get him back just because she decided to treat his degenerative epilepsy with CBD oil) but I’ve also seen kids left in places they should have been removed from long ago.

Try not to panic, if you are doing the right thing, staying sober and jumping through all the hoops CPS set for you then you’ll be fine.
Just be aware you’ll be watched closer now that’s all

CONGRATS Mumma!
Exciting times ahead
Best of luck x