• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drug use: fat people (IV use?)

Survival0200

Bluelighter
Are you fat and use drugs, or do you know any fat people using?

Personally, I'm quite overweight and I like benzos and opioids.

I have some anxiety issues. My doctor once asked if my anxiety is related with being overweight. I thought about it for a moment and said, that it might be contributing. It's not always easy to be overweight, there's all the discrimation and that. Also, now that it's summer it's really hard, because I'm sweating like a pig when it's hot outside.

One thing I've thought about, if I ever had the need to use something IV, how would I do it? I mean, when the nurse takes my bloodwork, it's really hard to find a proper vein, because the veins are so DEEP under the skin. Even if the nurse is experieced with taking bloodwork.

@Survival0200 I've certainly known a lot of large drug users. I once knew a fairly overweigh girl who used needles, but she was definitely the exception. Like btechlc said, most users lose a lot of weight before they make the jump to IV use.

The only real issue, like you've said, would be difficulty finding a vein. Maybe look at your wrists/ankles...

I can definitely relate to the sweating thing, I sweat like a motherfucker, but I'm not overweight. I just sweat... a lot... and it can definitely be uncomfortable and embarrassing

Are you PLANNING on getting into IV? If so, I really really really advise you to reconsider. There is no such thing as an IV user who doesn't regret it.

Honestly I think one of the only reasons I'm still alive is I always avoided IV. Snorting or smoking is more than good enough for me.

It is 100% possible. Nurses stick people who are overweight all the time. I understand your saying they have a hard time but its done right? I cant relay from experience any tricks because Ive always been (relatively) thin but maybe on your hands and feet or wrists and ankles is an option? Theyre tricky to do as well because there is so many tendons and those veins are small but Ive done it. If you put on a tourniquet medium tightness do you see any veins at all? Thats what to go for Id guess.

If anyone has a better answer than this please give one.

You could look into getting one of those 'vein finder' lights if you are having a hard time finding a vein. Haven't used one personally but I imagine it might help along with what everyone had mentioned above doing.

You could look into getting one of those 'vein finder' lights if you are having a hard time finding a vein. Haven't used one personally but I imagine it might help along with what everyone had mentioned above doing.
Right after I stopped shooting up, I had to get a blood draw and the phelbotomist WOULDN'T listen to me and brought out the vein finder. Turns out the vein she was looking for was the one I had told her to go for. This was after she dug the fuck out of my arms and hands. Finally I took the fresh needle and stuck myself... Sure enough immediate register. Pro-tip medical professionals really hate it when you stick yourself. She called an orderly in to "supervise the rest of the draw". After she taped down the catheter.

I’m quite a bit overweight and prefer cannabis and drink beer. The weight I carry is a result of invega injections. And probably the beer lack of exercise. But mark me down as a pot smoker.

I'm not currently obese (only BMI 26) and have a bit of IV experience. But as I gain weight, my mental health declines, and my self medication increases. So I will get back to you on this. (Updated)

However, I have noticed certain locations are easier to vein spot than others. Particularly hands and forearms (always been somewhat visible for me, just genetic luck I suppose) and the area surrounding the groin if you pull the skin taut. Doing a bit of cardio or calisthenics, taking a hot shower, or wearing too many layers T minus 20 will help for those places where a tourniquet is useless (eg lower torso). For some reason, it's easier to spot veins in the mirror. Even in places where I thought I was 20kg away from ever seeing a vein, such as thighs and chest. Also, strangely enough, I've found one side to be more visible than the other. Perhaps this is the case for you. Lastly, stay hydrated to increase blood volume and thus pressure - I have to force myself to drink but the difference is noticeable when I don't.

With these tactics, I have been able to register in my left leg and groin, and all around both hands and arms, even using my nondominant hand.

Last edited:
Right after I stopped shooting up, I had to get a blood draw and the phelbotomist WOULDN'T listen to me and brought out the vein finder. Turns out the vein she was looking for was the one I had told her to go for. This was after she dug the fuck out of my arms and hands. Finally I took the fresh needle and stuck myself... Sure enough immediate register. Pro-tip medical professionals really hate it when you stick yourself. She called an orderly in to "supervise the rest of the draw". After she taped down the catheter.
Ohh bloody yeah haha.
The face of that junior medic trying to take bloods off me when I just snatched the needle from his hands XD
Also my wrist is easier access than my cubital fossa but they never LISTEN

Honestly I get really envious whenever I see someone with real prominent veins.
Not because I've shot all mine to fuck ; but because mine are just crap.

It's bloody annoying because TECHNICALLY I should have nice juicy cables - I've only got about 10% body fat and I do a lot of physical work and I swim so my arms are strong. But nope.
One doctor taking bloods from me (which I have to have done regularly because of a medical condition and it's always a funfest) after nearly ripping my arm off with the tourniquet and digging about in the crook of my elbow for fully 2 mins, told me mine are just deeper under the skin than most people's. Just my luck.