Drug use causing false reality

twokings

Greenlighter
Hi there! I just want to share some things about my life using. I was using meth for 6-7 years hardcore and made it the center of my lifestyle. My friends and surroundings were also centered around the same drug influence. I had enough after having a near death experience and decided to drop all my friends and apply to college in a different town. I was clean for 11 months and relapsed last October. I picked back up for 3 months and I'm ready to put it back down again. What sorts of things have you guys done to change your life completely, lifestyle and all?

Nice to see you're trying to turn your life around, hope college goes well for you.

Things I've changed...

Way less drinking / drugs
More exercise, meditation
Less video games / tv, more reading
Hanging out with friends more
Deleted my dealers number
Stopped cold copping
Stopped cutting
Taking better care of my teeth

I guess that's a pretty solid list

Meth is a little trickier to quit than a lot of other substances. The most important part IMO is to cut all ties with anyone who uses. I don't care if it's your best friend you've known for your whole life. If they use, you can't be associated with them. Avoid any and all situations where people might be using. That might be near impossible for a college student, but if you put yourself in situations where it is around, you will give in again at some point. Moving to another town was a great step, but once you've picked it back up again, you've got to cut that tie, whether it is an old one you went back to, or a new one you picked up. Good luck.

To be honest Im the "one step at a time" kind of person.