• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

drug sensitivity

narcomick

Bluelighter
Firstly, I hope this is the right place to post this and if not please move it if you could, sorry I'm fairly new here.. anyways

I'm an 18yr old male, and average for my age in most every way, but I find my sensitivity to drugs varies wildly. With no tolerance
10 -20mg of codeine gets me high. The smallest possible piece of weed gets me heavily stoned. When I dabbled in psychedelics 60 to 90 morning glory seeds would give me a very intense trip, often lingering for over a day, after one bad trip I was mindfucked for over a week at least, however I suspect this was derealisation and a psychotic episode or something other than the trip itself. A small dose of zopiclone gives me the strongest anti anxiety effect I've ever known. Benzos on the other hand don't do alot for my anxiety, sometimes nothing at all and I can take a very high dose without much more than some drowsiness.. you get the idea. So am I just a freak or are there other people out there like me? If anyone has any similar experiences they'd like to share it would be much apreciated. Thanks.

It's just like alcohol bro, some people can drink more whereas some people can't.

Think of yourself VERY lucky, I need to do 15x what you take of codeine to get my peak high. *Sigh*

You are not a freak. Everyone's baseline tolerance is different. Some need more of a particular drug, some need less.

I've always found myself to be very sensitive to drugs when I first start taking a new one. For example, 5mg of hydrocodone had me completely opiated out my mind the first time (whereas my friends barely felt 10mg their first time). I've always been super duper sensitive to pot unless I actively try to developed a high tolerance. But some drugs, like certain stimulants and alcohol I had a higher than average baseline tolerance to. It's different for everyone with every drug.

BTW, you may not be as insensitive to benzos as you think. It's common for people to not be fully aware of how intoxicated they actually are while high on benzos. For example, benzo users often think they feel mostly normal when in actuality they are slurring and acting different. I was told I swore to my friends I felt sober one time on benzos but couldn't remember anything that happened that night due to benzo blackout. It's almost part of the effect to not fully feel the drugs effects (if that makes sense).

Fermonos yeah i guess im lucky, i get some odd reactions when i tell people though.. and MDVP that's true I have felt sober on klonopin and yet been told I'm acting completley wasted or like im 'on something' which i denied of course XD

Last edited:
It's funny actually, because the majority of drugs available in modern times, be them licit or illicit are broken down by a select few groups of enzymes. Some people have more enzyme activity and some have less. Just like everything else in life, there are variables. You should count yourself lucky, I am deficient in certain enzymes that render a lot of common drugs useless upon me.

I don't think you're a freak at all. It would be ideal if you could keep your tolerance low by not taking any drug too frequently. This way you could get the best results every time. Stay safe!

im normal as fuck when it comes to that. At least it makes dosing very predictable

No it's normal. People have a diferent tolerance for every drug. I also have a big tolerance some drugs and small to others.