• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drug Screening Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waffleicious

Bluelighter
Hello everybody.

I recently went on Suboxone after struggling with addiction for years. I suppose my addiction would've been classified as "mild" but I was just unable to shake it and wanted help.

Anywhoo, on my first visit to the doc, I had the standard 12-panel urine test. I wasn't on anything but street suboxone so that's all that showed up. When I came in for my second visit this week, I did another urine test, but this one was not in a standard cup with the litmus papers... it looked like it was designed for shipment to a lab. Then, during the conversation with my doc, she asked me if I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine. I was taken aback because the last time I took that was like 4-5 weeks ago and I only had like 5-10mg for some bad muscle pain after working a lot. But this means they must've tested my last urine sample in a lab!

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but I thought that in order to find the presence of a drug, you need to test for that specific drug's metabolite. If that's the case, then why the heck did they test for Flexeril?? Is that shit even abuseable? This leads me to wonder what all they DO test for...

The reason I'm concerned is that I have VIP tickets to a really personally important music festival coming up that I've had for 2 years thanks to covid. My thought was that I'd be able to go to this festival and dabble in some hallucinogens because I've never seen any test search for them. I am really committed to my recovery, but this is a one-time event that I've been looking forward to for years and taking a therapeutic dose of acid while I'm bourgeoning into this new phase of my life sounds wonderful! Or maybe just looking back on a great day there and laying in my hammock, looking at the stars, and smoking a little deemz to get a cool, new perspective...

So my question is this: What all generally gets searched for in a lab-issued urine screening? Does LSD/Psilocybin/DMT/Ket regularly show up? If they do, how long would they take to get out of your system? (I've read up some on how long they stay in your system for a regular test, but it seems like these lab tests pick up even trace amounts).

Also, do you think having this stuff show up will warrent my expulsion from the program? Or could my insurance suddenly decide they're no longer going to cover treatment? I told my doc that I had planned on doing this before I made the choice to start subs, but she -obviously- wasn't too keen on the idea... she said she didn't give a damn about weed, though, which kinda makes me think this is all at her discretion, I just really don't know.

Thanks for the help y'all!

Well first off we don't really allow drug testing related questions on here.

But I'm going to answer this anyhow (to the best of my ability).

It is very unusual for a drug test to test for cyclobenzaprine. It sounds like what happened is as follows: you told this doctor that you were planning on taking a bunch of weird drugs the first time you met her, so the following drug test she ordered was very comprehensive.

A test that will detect cyclobenzaprine will detect everything under the sun.

I suggest you find a new buprenorphine provider since your future treatment will be constantly clouded by her paranoia that you might take some drug that will interact with the buprenorphine she is prescribing and cause an adverse reaction. She isn't worried about your safety but rather getting in trouble since you already disclosed to her you might do this. You will never get fair and impartial treatment so long as this lurks in her mind (particularly since female physicians are the most notoriously risk adverse).

The real answer to your question isn't one you asked for its a good recommendation: find a new prescriber. Otherwise your treatment will be hindered by excessive suspicion and hypervigilance fueled by her instinctive tendency towards self-preservation (which to some degree is understandable I suppose).

^ I agree. When people are under a contract and pretty much know a monthly UA is coming ingesting anything other than subs ( and apparently weed ) just makes us anxious that we will fail the program. Those sub docs all talk to each other I'm sure. Getting kicked out of one clinic and then trying to find another is no easy task when you have a black mark on your record. I'm surprised she lets you smoke weed.

Whatever you do proceed with caution as I'm sure( like with autopsy tox screens) they check for ALL chemical substances. Seems overkill on a sub script to check for everything but ya never know. Any drug that has a metabolite after it is dissolved will technically show if the metabolite is still active. Ketamine and LSD have metabolites ( not sure of the others you mentioned ) so go easy man and don't take chances.

Gonna leave this here for a bit i case someone else has info and then tomorrow or so it may get closed as @negrogesic mentioned.......we can't discuss drug tests on bluelight.

Status
Not open for further replies.