• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Drug Prevention in Schools (or spiders on LSD)

Salem_is_tired

Bluelighter
Looking back, I was surprised when I realized, that throughout 12 years of public education, I only attended one drug prevention talk around the start of high school. It was actually not half as bad as I was expecting it - I believe that the only right decision the principle did during his carrier was when he booked Zacher Gábor (the Hungarian Walter White :D) to talk to the whole school, as we were sitting in the town's theater, with one projector on the middle of the stage, and the doctor next to it.
The guy pulled a reall one-man show. I already knew he was a funny and interesting person because I watched some of the interviews I could found with him - he worked as a ambulance man for more than 20 years, and also is still the chief at the Department of Toxicology at a hospital in the capital.
Smokes as his life depends on it, and consumes horrendous amount of chocolate according to him. I knew he would not pull the classic bullshit - I sadly cannot remember much, but around the end of the whole show, he looked at us and said, something like "We will not do the classic 'let's say no together' after three - it is useless bullshit. You have to know how to say now when you are alone in a party, and some random guy offers you shit you don't know about."
Oh, and he also showed us pictures of spiderwebs that were made by spiders on LSD :D That was also fun.

I mostly interested about three thing:
1) What do you think about drug preventions, just in general - why?
2) What would you change or add to the "general" or "classic" school drug preventions? - why?
3) Do you remember anything actually useful from it?

P.s: Found them!

Was One of These Webs Spun by an LSD-Tripping Spider? | Snopes.com

I never had to endure this bollocks when I was at school.

Does this happen in UK schools now?

We don't need the encouragement...

Had to look him up to understand the Walter White analogy:

Moved from BDD --> Drug Discussion

I'm actually really sad I couldn't find any interviews with him in english or with sub - he is genuinely a fucking great man to listen and have so much to say.