• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drug most similar to alcohol

Well, it seems I can't get pregabalin easily. So I have decided on baclofen or soma because it looks like I can get both. Which do you think is more like alcohol?

Maybe DXM too, but it doesn't have any GABA action so I am not sure.

Well, it seems I can't get pregabalin easily. So I have decided on baclofen or soma because it looks like I can get both. Which do you think is more like alcohol?

Maybe DXM too, but it doesn't have any GABA action so I am not sure.
doesn't need GABA to feel like alcohol.

tha booze hits NMDA as well I think. it's a mild dissociative as it is (time dilation, motor dysfunction) so in a sense, a mild version to the strong doses would just be a low dose, innit?

so that's why it's so similar imo. dat nmda antagonism iirc

Benzodiazepines are somewhat similar to alcohol, they work on the GABA receptors. Although at the same time they feel different to alcohol and they have a more "natural" feeling rather than an "intoxicated" one like alcohol does.

GHB is the closest I have ever tried. Its a damn fun drug too if your careful with your dosing.

There is no suitable substitute for alcohol other than maybe GHB.

Benzos are what is used in treatment facilities. You can of course order the RCs out there but I can't support that decision as neither of us are physicians and do not know the proper way to detox off a highly dangerously addictive substance.

Phenibut. Definately, mabe mixed with benzo and/or pregabalin.

DXM/DPH low dose mixed with benzo and lyrica would be good.

But as you listed Barbiturates are the most similar but they are impssible to get even if they are easy to produce.