• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug interactions for tattoo

Behtoven Bentley

Greenlighter
Thinking about getting a tattoo here pretty soon.. I know what i want but im not huge on the idea that the "ink is the reward for the pain" bs some I was thinking of taking a mix of tramadol and valium plus maybe so tylenol for some extra support.. I dont think any of these are bloodthinners so lmk if this is a bad idea or dangerous combo please
thanks

I have almost my entire body covered in tattoo's - the only place I have left is my entire back.

I have found that taking opiats or benzo's to minimize the pain from getting tattoo's often result in more pain. I don't know my. Maybe the exogenous addition of drugs makes your brain produce less endorphins. Often getting a tattoo hurts a lot in the first 30 minuts until your brain gets flooded with endorphins making the following hours more comfortable. To a degree, some can only handle one or two hours of getting tattooed at a time while other have no problems with 6+ hours.

But in my experience, taking nothing makes the pain more manageable. It sounds paradoxical, but none the less, that is my experience. Unless you take so much benzo that you fall a sleep, which I have done once :p Slept for four hours while I was getting tattooed. This is not something I will recommend as the experience of getting the tattoo is an important aspect of getting tattooed for me.

Furthermore, you should be careful with drugs that act as blood thinners as well. This will make you bleed more while getting tattooed which in the end might result in a poorer quality tattoo. This is also why alcohol and tattoos are a bad mix.

thx for advice.. i dont think any of the drugs i listed are bloodthinners but also might be good to note its only a small tat nothing huge or anything. cant find valium anywhere so think ill switch to a small dose of xanax, maybe 2mg's xanax and 100mg tram?

heard on another thread that benzos make getting the tattoo feel like a massage? maybe its different for certain ppl or something thats weird

nvm all this.. think im just going to apply some lidocaine cream before, heard it numbs the skin completely

I put an Rx lidocaine patch on for my first tattoo, its on my ribcage ...the tiny part of the tattooed space that the lidocaine patch didn't cover was SO fucking painful, but except for that it hardly hurt at all. my second tattoo was totally spontaneous -- I randomly decided to go in for some really minimalist finger tattoos that I figured couldn't cost more than a few $tens but the artist working refused to tattoo anywhere on my hands based on the fact that I was 20 years old and unemployed. xP I was still determined to leave w/ new ink so I spent all the money I had on another thing I'd been wanting for quite some time -- upper bicep armbands. no lidocaine obviously and most of it still hardly hurt much, except for the very underside of my arm where a nerve was being hit and so it felt like someone was repeatedly stabbing and digging w/ a burning hot knife in my armpit. hah. but really not that bad overall.

Last edited: