• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Drug-induced hepatitis from Kratom

swaxxerjr

Greenlighter
Is anybody here familiar with drug-induced hepatitis? After taking a recent batch or two of Kratom I've been showing signs almost immediately after. Itchy skin, feels like I've been punched in the upper-right quadrant, unwellness, and today I've woken up with mostly brown diarrhea, but a hardened section of stool that was pale as well. I really would rather not go to the doctors, because I've read that they are simply going to tell you to discontinue using whatever caused the hepatitis, and lay low for a little while. Am I right in thinking this? I simply cannot afford another emergency room visit (I went quite frequently last month, I have had Lyme for 2 years and sometimes the complications get scary) and only plan on going at the point-of-no-return for scary symptoms. Right now my symptoms seem like they would just get better with time. I'm not that sick feeling, bu definitely feeling under the weather. Keep in mind this is not a Kratom hate thread, and I am fully sure this was the Kratom that caused hepatoxic symptoms, as I don't really take any other drugs. I'm sure having Lyme did not help... never used to have these symptoms from taking Kratom before I had Lyme. I guess my question is will drug-induced hepatitis of this level go away on it's own or should I see a doctor now?

Last edited:
How long has it been since you used kratom? It's possible that you may have some liver damage but the only way to know is getting checked. I know you don't want to hear this but your symptoms are severe enough to warrant at least getting blood work done. I don't know much about lyme disease but I had hepatitis c. If it were me, I would go to the ER just for peace of mind. There was a person in this thread who had the same problem, you may find helpful.

http://www.bluelight.org/vb/threads/662349-liver-issues-after-very-little-use-of-kratom

Some important details are the severity of the pain, how it feels, etc. Have you noticed any yellowing eyes or skin?

Is there an urgent care clinic you could go to? They would probably be cheaper than an ER visit, but if it turns out your condition is serious, they might send you to the hospital anyways.

Considering you have Lyme disease and symptoms of liver complications, it would be very prudent to get checked out by a medical professional of some sort as soon as you can.

I don't have jaundice. The pain isn't excrutiating, it was much worse yesterday post taking the kratom. I'm not as itchy as I was yesterday. Sometimes it feels like the pain flairs up. The hospital doesn't take me seriously because I went there a few times last month for other pains and I'd really prefer not to go if I didn't have to. I already know there is some damage or at the least toxic hepatitis.

I will probably go if symptoms worsen. Does toxic hepatitis naturally go away on it's own over time? That's my question, sorta. I really hate the medical care here, they make you seem like a piece of shit and make fun of you in front of your face. That along with them making things difficult for me and the price of care is sort of enough to make me reluctant to go.

I will probably go if symptoms worsen. Does toxic hepatitis naturally go away on it's own over time? That's my question, sorta. I really hate the medical care here, they make you seem like a piece of shit and make fun of you in front of your face. That along with them making things difficult for me and the price of care is sort of enough to make me reluctant to go.

It really just depends on the specifics of the situation man. In the best case it will get better on its own and in the worst case your liver will fail and you would have a very realistic chance of dying.

If your pain isn't terrible you might be fine. I would definitely go if your symptoms get any worse though.

Alright. Thank you much. If anyone else, especially someone who has had toxic hepatitis, has any input, I'd appreciate it.

Gallbladder issues can mask themselves as liver area pain. Blocked bile ducts can cause jaundice.
Before you think your liver is the issue, my advice is to see if this subsides, or research gallbladder symptoms.
I became very ill in 2010 with a blocked bile duct ... extremely high liver enzymes, pancreatitis, jaundice, yellow eyes, unbearable quadrant pain.

Hope you feel better....

^ Shaleh, that's a good point with the possibility of gall bladder. I have a friend who had to get hers removed a couple weeks ago and she was thinking it was her liver. OP, how are you feeling now?

^ Shaleh, that's a good point with the possibility of gall bladder. I have a friend who had to get hers removed a couple weeks ago and she was thinking it was her liver. OP, how are you feeling now?

T, how is your friend? The surgery is easy, it's the ERCP that can cause issues. And yes, it can mask as liver issues because your liver enzymes go wonky from the overload of bile and your pancreas becomes inflammed.

OP , how're you? Better I hope.