• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Drug "Cancelers"

Psychedalienation

Bluelighter
So, according to almost everyone and everything I've read, dosing alprazolam during an LSD trip (typically during a bad trip) cuts off or "cancels" your trip. I have personally tested this by taking 75mcg of LSD and 1mg alprazolam during a stressful/confusing LSD experience whilst vaping cannabis. It cut off my trip but left me in a beautiful state of euphoria.

I have just read on a BL post from last year that taking phenibut before an opioid disables the opioid high, but if you take an opiod and dose phenibut AFTER, it acts as an enchancer?

1. Is this true?

2. If so, does this effect work the same with LSD and alprazolam?

3. Does this work with all benzodiazepines and all psychedelics?

4. Can someone explain the pharmacology behind these mechanisms?

Thanks in advance :D

2. i'm sure a low dose of alprazolam (0.5mg) with a high dose of LSD wouldn't cancel the trip.

i've taken up to 35mg of diazepam after taking 2 hits of LSD and it only killed the muscle tension but left me with some visuals and euphoria. i wouldn't take the alpraz until after the peak and you wanna ease the tension.

i don't think it can potentiate highs as benzos act on GABA and that's the main inhibitory neurotransmitter.

It was half a gg249 bar (1mg) if that makes any difference. Though it could have been just because of the fact that it was only 75ug and there were no predispositioned visuals coming to begin with lol. Basically I took 3/4's of a tab that I had left and vaped weed for 15 minutes in bed and woke up 3 hours later with this insanely intense chest feeling. I hated it and it made me super confused. I was groggy and in a trippy mindset and it frightened me. So I took 1mg alp and I basically just laid in the dark with my weed and felt golden for a long time until i passed out. No visuals, psych anxiety gone, perfection.

But anyways, do you or anyone know if taking phenibut after taking say, oxycodone or dialudad would enhance the high? Why would it cancel it if taken beforehand but enhance after? I wonder what the difference would be if one were to take 2mg alp and then 2 tabs an hour later versus 2 tabs and then the alp.

A quick comment and observation of this scenario from my experience is that the "psychedelic" experience often comes (depending on dosage and the individual) with a certain amount of anxiety, paranoia and panic or "fight or flight". From a shamanic ritualistic and medicinal healing point of view those are very normal and often a necessary part of the process as are understanding, enlightenment, laughter, hilarity and for me one the most important aspect of the psychedelic experience is psychological healing.

When intoxicated with say Psilocybin it allows me to " get out of my own way, by getting out of my own mind" I can cheat my brain and instead of the shortest distance from point "A" to point "B" being a straight line the shortest distance becomes "0" (some quantum physics babble I've quoted from the movie Event Horizon) - ultimately a short cut Used to getting to the crux of any kind of mind, body or soul issue, with enough practice, any issue can be navigated to and dealt with efficiently and effectively all in one session once you've learnt how to which is what a Shaman is trained to guide you through........but I've digressed.......taking a quick acting benzo like alprazolam should, by rights, remove those psychoactive nuances like anxiety and paranoia etc leaving just the "feel goods" the euphoria and smiles and what not.

So taking antipsychotic drugs while on psychoactive drugs sounds like an effective way to remove the useful but less comfortable aspects of say an LSD experience to me. It's not something I have ever done because I have required those less desirable aspects to heal. But psychedelic drug use is not a way to catch a buzz or a laugh for me like it was when I was a teenager but more importantly not since I found out first hand how effective they are for healing, a tremendously powerful chemical toolbox (psilocybin, ayahuasca, ibogaine, crystal DMT) of which I hold great reverence and respect for.

But if I felt completely unsafe then benzodiazepines I would turn to especially with the tolerance I have for them

I find benzos most useful only at the tail end of trips, be they psychedelic or stimulant in nature, simply to get some sleep but I tend to see things through to the end. I agree that even doses higher than 0.5mg alprazolam (or equivalent) will absolutely not abort a trip. SKRs thoughts tend to mirror mine that benzos just can remove that unnerving anxiety some get while tripping, not cancelling but rather smoothing a trip.

Regarding phenibut and oxy, pretty sure they potentiate each other and perhaps can even be dangerous. But while I have heaps of experience with oxy, I have zero with phenibut and will let other chime in. Be safe.

Not a fan of benzos, so don't know what to add.

For antipsychotic tool I use Rauwolfia Serpentina extracts or Cardimap (supplement that has it as a main ingredient) - they effectively lower amount of hysteria and stimulation for me, lower the pulse and blood pressure, it blocks dopamine and adrenaline and make rest/sleep possible. I have never used it to stop intense psychedelia though, mostly for symptoms of speediness and brain zaps/coming down from speedy trips. No euphoria from it but just deep sleep and some muscle-relaxing properties.

As for Phenibut and Oxys - yes, Phenibut will potentiate them and most if not all other opioids. The potentiating will depend on the personal chemistry, amounts taken, personal tolerance and so on. If not familiar with Phenibut, start low with about 300mg and be careful if approaching a gram territory - it might feel benign at first but could bite you later, especially if mixed with something.