• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Drinking (morning) urine to increase blood plasma levels of Pregabalin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Etterwonde

Bluelighter
Hi all,
I have a rather silly question, but I'm going to ask it anyway: I currently am on Lyrica (Pregabalin) 2x300mg and Valium (Diazepam) 4x10mg daily. I'm also on Methadone (84 mg daily). I've read (on multiple sites) that Pregabalin not only has an oral bioavailability of ≥90% but that also –and this is a literal quote from Wikipedia– "approximately 98% of the radioactivity recovered in the urine was unchanged pregabalin. The major metabolite is N-methylpregabalin."

Would drinking my morning urine increase the levels of Pregabalin (and maybe even Diazepam's metabolites, like Nordiazepam) in my body? If so, should I only drink my morning urine, or should it be advisable (or not) to drink other excretions of my urine throughout the day? Also, if the former is all true, wouldn't I be able to significantly increase the levels of Pregabalin in my body? After all, ~98% of unchanged Pregabalin seems to be very high for a substance to be excreted after undergoing metabolism. After all, that's what I am aiming for.

I know this might sound gross to some of you, but this seems like a way to increase the effects without having to beg my doctor to increase my meds (which he probably will not do anyway). I already drank some of my urine earlier today in the shower, and if you drink it 'ad fundum' there is little to no taste, especially when you chase it with some Coca Cola or something like that. It wasn't as gross as sucking on a Xanax bar, I can tell you that!

I'm hoping for some serious responses here...

Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
Etterwonde

I was thinking about drugs in urine recently. I was thinking, if 30 % of tramadol goes out unchanged, does that mean there's still tramadol in urine?

You have to take the half life into consideration here. Let's say the half life is 5 hours that means if you take 600mg at 12pm, by 5pm you'll only have 300mg in your system. So if you urinate after 5pm you'll be excreting at most 300mg. Then if you urinate after 10pm you'll only have 150mg left in your body.

I'm not saying to hold your urine I'm just saying that the amount of drug you are getting might be quite neglegable.

You have to take the half life into consideration here. Let's say the half life is 5 hours that means if you take 600mg at 12pm, by 5pm you'll only have 300mg in your system. So if you urinate after 5pm you'll be excreting at most 300mg. Then if you urinate after 10pm you'll only have 150mg left in your body.

I'm not saying to hold your urine I'm just saying that the amount of drug you are getting might be quite neglegable.

Isn't the half life just referring to the duration of action of the drug? If I'm correct, if you ingest 300 mg of Pregabalin, almost 300 mg will be excreted unchanged.

I was thinking about drugs in urine recently. I was thinking, if 30 % of tramadol goes out unchanged, does that mean there's still tramadol in urine?
Yes, I think that's correct. So if you have ingested 200 milligrams of Tramadol, 60 milligrams will be excreted unchanged in your urine.

Isn't the half life just referring to the duration of action of the drug? If I'm correct, if you ingest 300 mg of Pregabalin, almost 300 mg will be excreted unchanged.

No, half life does not refer to duration of action. It refers to the time to eliminate half of the dose substance from the system.

So if the half life is 6 hours, then 6 hours after taking a 300 mg dose, you'll have 150 mg. left in your system, after 12 hours, 75 mg. left, after 18 hours, 32.5 mg., and so on. It takes 6 half lives to almost completely eliminate the substance.

The duration of action is somewhat related to half life, but not the same thing.

What about evaporating the urine and just consuming the left over solids?

Would be less gross than drinking urine.

No, half life does not refer to duration of action. It refers to the time to eliminate half of the dose substance from the system.

So if the half life is 6 hours, then 6 hours after taking a 300 mg dose, you'll have 150 mg. left in your system, after 12 hours, 75 mg. left, after 18 hours, 32.5 mg., and so on. It takes 6 half lives to almost completely eliminate the substance.

The duration of action is somewhat related to half life, but not the same thing.

Duration of action (drug) depends on preparation, if it's/how much is soluable and in what form , reversibility of the drugs action, the half life of a drug, the activity of metabolites, the influence of the body on its breakdown, etc.

The biological half life is the time it takes a drug to loose half its pharmacological activity.

Another influence is if the amount of the drug you dosed and how often you dose.

I understand desperation, but c'mon.... You might as well evaporate the urine and do an extract on the leftovers (eye roll)

Might as well whip up some Jenkem while you are at it.
ooo idk man... jenkem labs are notorious for getting busted cuz the smell. It's tempting cuz it's easy to manufacture but not worth the risk=D

Status
Not open for further replies.